Sliptreaming New Updates to an already Updated ISO?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FanboyKilla, Apr 21, 2013.

1. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I'm wondering what the general opinion is updating an already slipstreamed Win7 ISO?

So for example I took an OEM Win7 ISO and slipstreamed updates using RT7Lite. Then months more go by and it's time to add new updates. Should I always start with a FRESH copy of my Win7 ISO or can I reuse the one that I have already previously slipstreamed updates to? This way I would only have to add new updates rather than starting from scratch every time.

I just know that sometimes MS removes past updates and replaces them with newer updates that supersede the older ones. So I'm just not sure how that affects my Slipstreamed ISO if those past updates are already slipstreamed into it.

2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Start fresh, thats what I'd do.

3. ffcloud2000

ffcloud2000 MDL Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I noticed larger iso files using old slipstreamed updates vs starting from scratch each time

4. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    I always start from scratch, no exceptions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Yeah I been starting from scratch but now at least you guys have put me at ease by confirming starting from scratch is the way to go.

Thanks! :cool: