slmgr -ipk & slmgr -ilc - Are Logs Created?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DasFox, Feb 21, 2010.

1. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I ran yesterday slmgr -ipk & slmgr -ilc but bonehead me I placed the cert in C: and then when I ran the command I ran it with the path to C: instead of just the command and name of the cert. So when I first ran it, it gave me a popup error message and I'm wondering since I gave it the path when I shouldn't of, would the system have created an error log, or at anytime you run these two commands successfully logs are created?

But I did just run the command with the cert name and got a cert installed successful message.

If there are any logs I want to delete them...

THANKS

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    May be under system in the event viewer, I wouldn't worry about it. MS already knows you're a poor Somali fisherman (cite Mr Jinje for that).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Actually I have a new laptop, just bought a few months ago and last night I reinstalled it with the recovery cds and then used the SLIC Dump Toolkit to pull out my oem slp product id and cert and then I used an iso off of DigitalRiver to install so I simply get away from all the BS bloat.

Oh and also for the fact that something in the recovery cds, drivers, some software or a process causes mouse lag, which I've spent hours on trying to strip the system down to get rid of it, but I can't, there's simply some sort of bug in the recovery software that I reported to the manufacturer, but they don't make the laptop anymore so I doubt they're going to fix the problem and I personally can't be bothered.

So no, not some poor fisherman, just a geek that hates pc companies bloated recovery cds...:ranting:

Consumers should really start blasting everyone the world over so they'll stop putting all the crap they do into people's systems and just give them a copy of windows and drivers is all.

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    That is just Jinje's way of saying pirate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...