slmgr.vbs not working - complains Windows non-core edition

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tiaawa, Jan 24, 2010.

1. tiaawa

tiaawa MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    I have slic 2.1 installed.
    I have OEM product key registered.
    I can not install manufacturer certificate with slmgr.vbs
    It complains with following error:

C:\>cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\HP-COMPAQ.xrm-ms
    Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x8
    0041010' to display the error text.
    Error: 0x80041010

I have tried ASUS in bios. Same problem.

Help!

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    you need to run CMD as admin.

3. tiaawa

tiaawa MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    Command prompt is running as administrator. That unfortunately is not the problem.

The error code means "Invalid class". But I don't know what that means.

WGA diagnostics says it is geniune even though the system thinks it has 6 days to activate.

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I am somewhat confused about your question - You CANNOT install a HP certificate in a system with a different SLIC table in the BIOS - it has to be a HP SLIC table.

Have you made sure the certificate matches the SLIC table ? I only say this because you stated you tried ASUS in BIOS but don't say if you tried the right certificate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tiaawa

tiaawa MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    The bios was originally modded with ASUS SLIC and ASUS certificate. However, between then and now Windows started to report "not activated".

So I modded the bios with HP SLIC and when I tried to install the HP certificate (using slmgr). This is when I noticed the command would spit out the non-core edition message.

I have checked the certificate and bios with SLIC dump toolkit and they match.

At this point I think my only option is to re-install because knowone else "on the internet" is reporting this obscure error.

6. baturkin17

baturkin17 MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2007
    did you change your key to an hp one?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    are you sure you used a Hp 2.1 SLIC file and not 2.0 have you tried rearming ?

8. btobject

btobject MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2009
    check which moded slc you using, use the same brand for the Cert,
    Use "-rilc" switch instead "ilc"
    slmgr -rilc drive_letter:\xxx.xrm-ms

9. tiaawa

tiaawa MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    I decided my Windows OS may have become corrupt as things like "Windows Update" no longer had references to Microsoft Update Sites. It may have been that RAID corrupted one or more files due to write-back caching.

I rebuilt the OS using HP SLIC and know all is well again. Thanks.

10. chevyluvin

chevyluvin MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2009
    the slui.exe stated basicly "your using the wrong key dummy" (I tryed to enter a pro key instead of a ultimate key)

slmgr.vbs -ipk error non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xC004F015' error: 0xC004F015 for this error

11. iUohveuhwf

iUohveuhwf MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2010
    I got this error by importing the key on a remote path(certificate on a maped drive of another computer). I guess it might has something to do with security. Copy the certificate to a local root path and try again. Simple names without space.