Sloow Boot and shut down

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by cruze1, Aug 29, 2012.

1. cruze1

cruze1 MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2012
    My windows 8rp started not wanting to shut down and it was taking 4 to 5 min to boot up.I tryed everything i could that i saw on the forums but nothing helped.
    So i downloaded a little program called Rising pc doctor and ran it And found a tracker with the spyware scan (yes the locator ) Removed it and now fast boot and shut down app's load faster. Now my question is why?

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    You're asking why some spyware on your computer caused it to do things it shouldn't do???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Hey,
    he is talking about RP, which is downloadable securely from MS :D

Huh really :laie:

you ask why you get "flu" (spyware on your system)
    Doctor will say don't go out naked in the winter...
    We say because you surf and DL every single piece of crap found in internet and torrents without using Antivirus and Anti Spyware :D:D

4. DaNiEx

DaNiEx MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2012
    That's true, but the fact of not use antivirus/antispyware isn't a suicide, i've been using windows for years like that without problems.:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    wahahaha of course how can i miss that :busted_red:

6. cruze1

cruze1 MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2012
    This was on a fresh install downloaded from mdl !Add i Run antivirus on computer before anything else is installed or surff the web.
    I have took rp off and installed enterprise from mdl .Ran a scan and found the same thing.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems to be that your computer is infected. Could be an RootKit or something else!

If you have one HDD only and install Windows 8 on an 2. Partition. you could get infected from 1 Partition!
    If you have more that 1 HDD on your computer, disconnect that those other HDD's BEFORE setup Windows 8! Use an empty HDD only for to install Windows 8 only! After the installation of Windows 8 is done, install your AV program, connect the other HDD's while your computer run's (if that HDD's are SATA!!), and if your computer didn't detect that HDD's automatic, go to Desktop, roght click on My Computer Icon, chose Properties, click Manage and in the upcoming screen click Device Manager. In Device Manager right click the arrow in front of Disk Drives and chose Scan for hardware changes. You should now see the HDD's appearing. Go back to my Computer and right click on each drive and chose Scan for Virus.

That all should gives you the infod you need about the infection and where they're! Clean the drives.

Hope that helps you.

8. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Use mbam, you may need to d/l combofix. Just use caution when running it. Follow the directions to letter,Since I can't post links yet, google combofix and bleeping computers. . Another great tool to try before combofix, is tdsskiller. If your still infected you may have to run dban on that drive. It will fully format that drive. You run it from a bootable cd, or usb drive. Just make sure you have any other hard drives disconnected before running it. It will take hours for it to complete.

9. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    So i'm doing from 4 years, but i'm only downloading reliable stuff, from of course reliable places, that usually visit!!
    For a unknown crap, there is my testing machine now with windows 8, and nothing personal on there, even i'm using neighborhood wifi :biggrin3::biggrin3::biggrin3:

10. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Lets assume that the cause is not a virus. What else could be causing this problem. First, since you had to do a brute force shut down, I would run the scandisk utility to see if there are any problems that it needs to fix. Second, I would clear out both of your temp directories. You do know there are two; one under Users and another under Windows.

11. cruze1

cruze1 MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2012
    After some research it seems as if it was implemented in net framework > But in the 12 years i have been building and working on computers this is a first encounter of this problem.I do however have fiber optic internet and private .However my piece of crap software fixed my problem.

12. Luckie

Luckie MDL Junior Member

Jan 14, 2008
    msfn.org/board/topic/158252-trace-why-windows-8-boots-shutsdown-or-hibernate-slowly/