Slow bootup/Black Screen Mouse for ~5 Minutes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xer0syk0, Aug 31, 2009.

1. xer0syk0

xer0syk0 MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2009
    #1 xer0syk0, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    [SOLVED] Slow bootup/Black Screen Mouse for ~5 Minutes

****SOLVED, see edit if you are having this problem as well

Hi everyone,

After I've activated my Windows 7 with Daz's loader, I've noticed that Windows takes a lot longer to boot. After I enter my password, I can only see the mouse and a black screen. It stays like this anywhere from 5-7 minutes, as opposed to the almost instant loading of my desktop prior to the activation, and then loads my desktop after the 5 or 7 minutes.

I have an AMD Phenom x4 9850BE with a ECS GF8200A motherboard; I am pretty sure my hardware is not the problem with 6GB of RAM running at 800mhz.

Do I need to turn on/off AMD's cool and quiet?

I also noticed that my Coprocessor isn't recognized in the Device Manager, could this be a problem?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!

Edit:
    Nevermind, I fixed it. I've done lots of BIOS flashes before, but it wasn't required this time.

I simply had to install drivers for my motherboard (nForce 720a/GeForce 8100) for Win7, the Coprocessor was recognized and windows loaded INSTANTLY again.

For anyone else having the same problem, make sure drivers for all your devices are installed correctly and that all of your hardware is recognized by Windows.

Delays in boot time are largely caused by unfamiliar hardware, so installing your drivers might solve the problem (You can check for this by going to devmgmt.msc in run/device manager).

Any mapped network drives that won't resolve may also contribute to a slower boot time.

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Some PC's just do not like lo*ders don't ask me why but not every lo*der will work for everyone. If possible and if your not scared i would recommend a BIOS flash much cleaner then messing with lo*ders.

3. itlvk

itlvk MDL Member

Jun 17, 2009
    You check hdd bad sector ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. xer0syk0

xer0syk0 MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2009
    Nevermind, I fixed it. I've done lots of BIOS flashes before, but it wasn't required this time.

I simply had to install drivers for my motherboard (nForce 720a/GeForce 8100) for Win7, the Coprocessor was recognized and windows loaded INSTANTLY again.

For anyone else having the same problem, make sure drivers for all your devices are installed correctly and that all of your hardware is recognized by Windows.

Delays in boot time are largely caused by unfamiliar hardware, so installing your drivers might solve the problem.

5. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    I would have assumed *most* people update there drivers to begin with. But glad to see ya got it fixed up.

6. xer0syk0

xer0syk0 MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2009
    #6 xer0syk0, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    (OP)
    Well, with the 6 years I've been working with my computer builds, not once did I have to install motherboard drivers for proper functioning of anything (I've gone through at least 5 to 6 builds). Never had an issue with the coprocessor not being recognized, either. But yeah, hope it helps anyone who's never had to do mobo drivers.