SLP 1.0 (XP Pro) Dead Acer (ECS 946GZT-AM) motherboard --> Intel D946GZIS motherboard

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Hypocritus, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Hypocritus

Hypocritus MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2010
    #1 Hypocritus, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    I am trying to replace a dead Acer (ECS 946GZT-AM) motherboard with an Intel D946GZIS motherboard.

I have searched for hours.... I am supposed to be quite technically inclined...

Well, could someone please point me in the right direction? SLP 1.0 is kicking my trash, and I can't activate or change the XP license code to something that works....

tried Repair Installing with an generic OEM XP Pro CD... Didn't even ask me for a license code. Just booted up and did the same "you must activate before you can log on" business

1. Can I just change some DMI info for this Intel BIOS/motherboard? I would like the change to be "permanent" so that the user wouldn't have any future issues...

2. What tool would I use?

3 What STRING or CODE would I use/change, where?

VERY MUCH thanks in advance...

2. Hypocritus

Hypocritus MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2010
    Maybe just tell me where what STRING will need to go? what program? Maybe just point me to the thread? I've read all the stickies... I know it might appear hyper-uber-noobish, but ... blessings upon your dog, cat, hamster, talking parrot, donkey, and you. umm... not that you deserve to follow the donkey in blessings.. ehe he ...:eek:

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. Hypocritus

Hypocritus MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2010
    Thanks, but this won't do anything on my Intel D946GZIS motherboard. It just errors out.

I think this is the solution. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how I am supposed to apply the first tool in this post, to trick XP (SLP 1.0) to thinking I have the ACER board it used to have.

I cannot find out, exactly, what XP SLP 1.0 is looking for, in one value in the BIOS? 2 values? 4 values?

What STRING(s) do I put where, how?

Ahh! It's not y'all's fault. It's just not intuitive for me...o_O

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Maybe AcerSystem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. charles1

charles1 MDL Junior Member

Nov 26, 2010
    #7 charles1, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    Where is the slp 1.0? And how to fully work this program?

Where and what is the slp 1.0? boot program? And how to fully work this program? And is this for hp system recovery and the bios? Or is it slic?
    I have HP povillion a605x I am replacing with the same motherboard part number.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    As you have already been told you don't need to use DMI Boot CD for Award-AMI-Intel BIOS (Add SLP1.0 w/o modding) you will already have SLP1.0 in the HP pavilion a605x SLP1.0 is for XP SLIC is for vista and windows 7. Also DMI Boot CD is in the stickies section start reading instead of asking questions all information is available.

8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    ...and please quit spamming my PM box..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. seyamco

seyamco MDL Novice

May 7, 2008
    Thanks, but this won't do anything on my Intel D946GZIS motherboard. It just errors out

10. cingularv551

cingularv551 MDL Junior Member

Oct 11, 2009
    i've seen some motherboards where you need to move a physical jumper in order to update the dmi area. do you have the owner's manual for the board?