Slp key change

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Akaister, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Akaister

Akaister MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2007
    The Lenovo HB $OEM$ script folder is empty, I want to change the slp key. I'm going ahead with the install (Lenovo Pro) and add the correct slp key manually, afterwards. I haven't tried this yet. I would like to get the $OEM$ folder changed before I install.
    The Lenovo ULT doesn't have a script folder. Both downloads are from the Oem Folders Project (thanks Ev1lM0nk3y and tcntad).
    I've had no problems doing other installs, first time changing a slp key. Some of the others have the script folder and slp.cmd that shows the key.
    I spent a few hours reading posts, didn't get my answer but it was a good read.
    Thanks all

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #2 urie, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. Akaister

Akaister MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2007
    Thanks Urie,
    I looked there at least 4 times and never saw it, it was right there looking at me. I was looking with the notion that it wasn't there, and guess what, that's what I saw.
    A doh moment.
    Just curious, could I have changed it manually after the install? I wouldn't do it that way now.
    Your reply was so fast, MDL is the best of the best.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    yes you could have changed key manually but if windows had updated and you became none genuine you would have to validate online after changing the key.