Small Business Server 2011 and Wordpress plugins problem

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by onepic, Sep 10, 2015.

1. onepic

onepic MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Hi,

i have a word-press site hosted on a Small Business Server 2011 and i have big trouble to keep updated the plugins. All the time there is an update available for them and i intend to do it automatically there are errors because the old version it can't be removed or all kind of errors like this (maybe no rights - but i was put in C:\inetpub\*** site ***\wp-content\plugins full right for all users but nothing changed). The strange thing is not all of them make me troubles. Maybe someone will put me in right directions about how i can solve this. Thank you !

2. GHeimnis

GHeimnis MDL Member

Jun 18, 2011
    #2 GHeimnis, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Do you really think, that's a good idea?

Wordpress (with PHP and perhaps, with a MySQL-Database too) running on a SBS 2011 with Exchange, SQL-Server / WID, IIS and SharePoint and a lot of related services build and integrated on top of these Server-Apps, is like surfing in the internet with Windows ME without a Router and / or any security tools!!!

In my opinion, you have some possible solutions:

• Build an run your Blog(?)-Website on the SBS-integrated SharePoint solution
    or

• Buy / Build a single Web-Server-Box
    or

• Take a Windows 7 Client, install Virtual-PC and build inside a x86 Windows 2008 R1 Web-Server with Wordpress etc.
    or

• Install VMware or Virtual-Box (but DON'T install the Hyper-V role) on the SBS-machine an install a Web-server inside

Edit: You can rent a hosted web-site or a virtual server too ...

3. onepic

onepic MDL Junior Member

Oct 7, 2011
    I need to use windows server for that website because the firm policy :(. If it was my decision to install a Linux distribution instead of that Windows Server.