Small Recycle Bin Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Marucins, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Marucins

Marucins MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2008
    I bought new HDD cause the old one was slow and moved everything including windows to new one, old one is just for spare files now. When i delete something from my new HDD and want to empty my Recycle Bin, everytime I've few seconds freeze and I can hear the old HDD starting. I even tried to disable Recycle Bin from old HDD but it still needs to start everytime for some reason.

Any ideas why would Windows need to start my old HDD when I don't even delete any files from it?

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #2 PhaseDoubt, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    Every drive has it's own Recycle Bin. You can disable the Recycle Bin, but doing so just bypasses putting deleted files into the Bin ... they get deleted immediately. Why is it a problem if Windows uses the old Bin? Unless you unplug the drive, or set it to power down, it's going to be spun up as you power up your machine. I tend to think having all drives spun up and working is a good thing.

3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Right click recycle bin. It may show C: only. Close it and right click again. See properties. For each drive (can have multiple drives on a disk), there will be properties. You may increase the recycle bin size or delete files without moving to recycle bin.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...