small topic..but need some help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by killercat, Jun 5, 2010.

1. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    my windows live messenger gets hanged often for no reason.. i always have to go to task manager and exit it..later when i start it,it works fine..vista never gave me this problem..but i got a solution but dont know if it works..im posting it here

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off ( Left hand-side of the window )

In the list, Uncheck Internet Explorer 8 and Click ok. Let it finish, Close everything and restart.

Go back to same place and Check Internet Explorer 8 and click ok. Let it finish, Close everything and restart.

Go to Internet Explorer > Tools ( in tab menu ) > Internet Options > Advanced and Click on Reset.
    please suggest me any more solutions to this problem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    no replies? :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Well I guess I'm the first lol...
    I would run it under the compatibility mode by following the shortcut path to the source and right clicking the properties and clicking the compatibility tab and checking vista Service pack 2 that should probably do the trick.

4. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    #4 killercat, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    (OP)
    well i had it running at vista without sp's but now i selected sp2. hope it works now :(

5. ChAoTiC

ChAoTiC MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Are you running nvidia network access manager ? Its a kinda hardware firewall that gets installed on certain nvidia chipsets.

This caused me problems with WLM before with my old mobo. Once un-installed all was good. It can be found in add/remove programs.

I agree with canouna and tho im no expert i cant see what IE8 or any IE version has to do with WLM either ?