Smaller desktop fonts, how?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by IronMaiden, Sep 27, 2011.

1. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP1 on my laptop which doesn't exactly have a huge resolution...it's 1366x768. Sometimes there's almost, but not quite enough room on the desktop for things such as my Firefox bookmark menu or running processes in Task Manager, even when I maximize the windows.

I've looked for ways to make the in-window font slightly smaller, but can't find any setting to do so. I can either change the global font size between 100% and 150% (but not less than 100%) or I can change fonts and sizes for various desktop elements in "Advanced Appearance Settings." Just not for window text, even though it's shown in the preview pane!

Is there a hidden setting to change this font and/or its size, or am I missing something? :confused:

2. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    You could use 3rd party visual style with smaller fonts, I can try to modify default aero with Style Builder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. IronMaiden

IronMaiden MDL Member

Oct 27, 2009
    hmm...not a bad idea. I've never heard of Style Builder, I'll have to google that...