SMBIOS Modification

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by TechRavingMad, Mar 18, 2013.

1. TechRavingMad

TechRavingMad MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2013
    I need to modify the SMBIOS information on a Rampage IV Extreme board. I've tried using DMIEDIT v2.11 (I think that's the version) but it errors outs.

Is there a tool that runs on linux to edit/save the SMBIOS information?

I tried a search and didn't see any threads on changing the SMBIOS on that specific board, but if I missed a thread please link and I'll read it.

All help is appreciated.

2. quid

quid MDL Addicted

Oct 22, 2010
    Check the BIOS Tools thread for DMI20_44.exe and AMIDEDOS.exe. Both run from DOS and AMIDEDOS is the newer. I've never had much luck flashing DMI info from Windows on an ASUS board. The utility you tried to run should also have been run from DOS.

3. TechRavingMad

TechRavingMad MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. I've tried DMI20_44.exe and AMIDEDOS.exe but I think the versions that I have been able to find are too old for the Rampage IV Extreme. On both I get "Init. SMBIOS ERROR" when I try to read or export the data. I have version 1.21 of AMIDEDOS.

Does anyone have a newer version?

What I'd really like to find is the newest version of AMIDELNX since I run linux on these machines, but the newest one I could find (ver 1.33) wouldn't work on any of my linux machines.