Sniffing Win 7 online activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by g1i7ch, Jun 27, 2011.

1. g1i7ch

g1i7ch MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2011
    Just curious if any one has tried sniffing the Win 7 online activation process. If so, it would be nice to have a Pcap file of a successful online activation. I'm interested in trying to spoof the response. Redirecting the unactivated machine would be easy enough. Could use ettercap w/filters to drop and inject the appropriate response. Just a thought, may or may not be possible...any ideas welcomed.

2. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    instead of doing all that, just use Daz's loader... No sense in anything else really. And in my honest opinion there's not really going to be a safer, more reliable, or more effective way than using Daz's loader...

3. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    yea,just use the DAZ loader,simple and efective process...:rolleyes:

4. g1i7ch

g1i7ch MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2011
    #4 g1i7ch, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
    (OP)
    I could use a loader, but that would not be near as much fun. Plus, this method would leave the system intact and unaltered. Keep in mind, this would be only for activation. I'm not asking for the best way to activate Win 7 and I'm well aware of the tools that are already available but would like to try something new.

5. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    and the Daz loader leaves the system intact, unaltered, and is only to activate and maintain activation...

as far as a new way, good luck in your endeavors :biggrin:

but in my honest opinion there's no need for any "new ways"

6. g1i7ch

g1i7ch MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2011
    Stay, Thanks all the same. I guess I just need something to do...lol I'll keep ya'll posted on my pet project.

7. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    dont be put off, cracking that would be like getting the wholly grail because you could use it for all ms stuff.

8. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    this is totally true :biggrin: to some extent--though would likely not work for all M$ products; i was just meaning it was unnecessary for 7 @ this point and time...

do keep us posted...