so.. a noob question about this SLIC/OEM Swap Ordeal.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FreeFromZull, Jul 30, 2009.

1. FreeFromZull

FreeFromZull MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    - I got my modded BIOS
    - I am running the x64 RTM Ultimate

I did not do anything yet with the BIOS or the OEM Swap/Fix.

From what I understand, the modded BIOS fools Win 7 (Any Version), into thinking its the OEM Hardware and the OEM Swap/Fix therefore checks those certificates vs the BIOS SLIC Info and Activates Any Version of the Win 7 RTM as long as you did the OEM Fix/BIOS Mod.

Now, the question is, all those activated OS' will stop working once Microsoft blacklists the keys used in the OEM Swap?

I am not sure, but it seems like only a temporary solution if those activations are going to be revoked do to blacklisting, and or Windows Update will cease to work?

Sorry, Super Noob here in these matters, please be gentle :)

2. Bax!

Bax! MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I think it's a good question... I thought the same :)

If the pc companies images had been distributed to thousands of customers it would be near impossible to blacklist the serial. But given that NO customers even have the machines yet with Win 7 on.... why wouldnt MS simply blacklist the key and it will not update or do anything like a legal copy???

3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Ok lets assume they change the Certificate key combination and even the Bios SLIC - this will destroy any legit OEM machines and you cannot get me to believe that the OEMs have not had orders for the BIOS SLIC mods for some time now.

But even if they did the worst that will happen is a new set of Mods will work and then M$ can't do anything without risking all the OEM machines. If they destroy OEM sales they might as well GPL the windows code.

I'll say again - I can't believe they still use this totally discredited form of anti-piracy :confused::confused: - They may as well give it up and remove all the WPA code from Windows - it would probably speed it up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    The problem is the pcs with 2.1 slics and win7 are probably not shipping quite yet, a bios update could quickly fix the current ultimate key being used so it could be blacklisted client side via a windows update.

However... Once we hit Oct. 22nd it will not matter as people will have pcs with the slics and keys people will find and post. Therefore, even if this key gets blacklisted, it will just need a new, OEM_SLP key being used on shipped OEM PCs.

5. FreeFromZull

FreeFromZull MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Great Guide you made there, but think you could make one for this situation?

- Installed RTM Release x86/x64
    - Got modified BIOS for SLIC 2.1

Where I am stomped now is all the commands to use to replace the key to OEM and the commands to Activate with with the Modded BIOS & the OEM Key Replacement combined with "Profiles/Certificates"

You don't have to obviously, but I haven't seen a guide for that yet on forums, its all kinda scattered and little bit confusing at this point.

6. FreeFromZull

FreeFromZull MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Ahh, thank you much, while we're on the subject what are these?

Dell[DELL-M09-ASL]2.1.BIN
    Dell[DELL-QA09-1.0BNVDA]2.1.BIN
    Dell[DELL-PE_SC3-DELL]2.1.BIN
    etc, etc, from SLIC 2.1 BINS.zip

are these just generic dell mobo bios along with other bios in there?

and what are these?

SLIC Lists
    Dell[DELL-PE_SC3-DELL]2.1.BIN is = 0D178BAF
    Dell[DELL-QA09-1.0BNVDA]2.1.BIN = 6A5C8221
    Dell[DELL-WN09-1.0BNVDA]2.1.BIN = 6F5B656E

I suspect you use the SLIC list and the BIOS mentioned above to inject into custom BIOS?

BTW, Just watched Bleach 230, I love the zanpakuto forms in that episode :)

7. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Those are just SLIC tables used to modify a bios. The name of the file just tells you what system and manufacturer, and possible BIOS Version.