So about the hardware change for Win 10 license

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by x6phenom, Jan 26, 2016.

1. x6phenom

x6phenom MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2013
    If I use a Daz activated Windows 7 and upgrade to Windows 10 (perma), and if I add a graphics card and HDD later, will it invalidate my license?

Note, not changing mobo or CPU like most examples google search shows up with. Tried to search alot . Sorry.

2. x6phenom

x6phenom MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2013
    thanks alot, guess i should improve my googling skills. ;/

3. x6phenom

x6phenom MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2013
    Another quick question.

My motherboard (ASrock z170) does not have any USB 2.0 ports. When I install using their windows 7 usb creator, I made it past the installation phase, but got stuck at entering my pc's name because the keyboard wouldnt work. I fixed that by enabling emulation of ps/2.

Now I have windows 7, but no drivers. And cant access any USB, and dont have any ODD, and no internet (no drivers for ethernet).

Ive tried to make a custom windows 7 iso with drivers (using NTlite) but that doesnt work as well

So Im back with Intels USB3.0 Windows 7 bootable USB creator, which installs USB drivers in the .WIM files. My question is, will this result in a similar situation like before?

4. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. x6phenom

x6phenom MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2013
    my problem starts inside windows 7. i just reinstalled windows 7 through the Intel prepared Windows 7 flash disk. still having the same problem

it doesnt read my USB drive once inside windows, and idk how to transfer drivers to the system.

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Don't you have the mother board dvd ? all the drivers you need to get connected :tea:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. x6phenom

x6phenom MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2013

Even if I did, I dont have any optical drive.

Idk if that will help. I can get through the installation with the help of either the AsRock or Intel edited Win7 flash disk. Once I reach the desktop, nothing works. Keyboard and mouse only work if I have the PS/2 emulation option on lol

Ive given up, Im going to try Win 8.1, activate it, then finally move onto Win 10.

I just wanted Windows 7 cause I had experience in activating it, not that it should matter much, just a preference :D have never tried Win8.1 or Win10, until now.

8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I gave you that pack for future use.
    But certainly you have a strange issue within Windows cause there's a feature that normally exist on every newer version of anything, it's called backwards compatibility.
    So in this case your ports "should" be working at 2.1 standard / speed for you to be able to use mouse and keyboard, from there you could install USB 3.0 drivers... :g:

9. x6phenom

x6phenom MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2013
    #11 x6phenom, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    (OP)

Found a thread where a user with my mobo having the same issue. But it doesnt have to do with my mobo though.

He mentioned in german that:
    " The solution was as described above, delete the file EI.cfg and then select the version of Windows, in which you have previously implemented the drivers"

and for some odd reason the ISO of Win7 that I have is Ultimate N ... so it clicked to me that he being in EU and me having an EU version might be an issue - like the USB 3.0 patcher working only for more common versions of Windows.
    I used one of those EI deletion tools and deleted that file from my ISO. Now remaking the Win7 flash, then the USB 3.0 patch, and reinstall. Will report back if that fixed the issue.

If not, Win8.1 is in the process of being acquired :D

10. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Did you take nap and forget to have Cortana wake you up,lol. This story is interesting so please wake up and tell us whats up, er, I mean whats happening. lol

11. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    I recently swapped an Intel SSD 240GB for a Samsung SSD 512GB, same mobo/cpu - still activated after clean USB install with no issues.

Now there's more room for Cortana... :biggrin: