So how to sort out updates for an clean iso lets say Win7_Ult_SP1_English_x64.iso ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wazer, Mar 26, 2017.

1. wazer

wazer MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I have downloaded WHDownloader and downloaded a huge update of 3.21gb 604 files for win 7 x64/updates

when i click search superseeded it does not find anything or remove anything

I don't expect to integrate all those updates into the iso with ntlite.

My question is how do i know which update to get and ONLY those which will make the iso up2date without bloating it with additional updates which is not necessary.

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Use simplix pack that's all ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wazer

wazer MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    And if I wanted to do it with my own files?

4. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Hi, the reason the "Search Superseded" function didn't find anything is because all those updates you downloaded are current. But there are many that you probably won't need to install.

abbodi1406 (maintainer of the WHDownloader lists) took the time to write up info txt files that you'll see in many of the folders. Reading those files will help you understand what you should install and what you may not need.

You'll want to install the updates in the Security, General and Hotfix folders (roughly 42 updates).

There are probably some from the Additional folder that you'll want to install (e.g. IE11 updates).

Most (if not all) from the Extra folder will probably not be needed. But look in the txt file in that folder for more info.

Also, WHDownloader has it's own thread where you can find a lot more info: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/44645-WHDownloader-Support-and-chat