so many loaders so few Explainations

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rjc862003, Sep 4, 2009.

1. rjc862003

rjc862003 MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I currently have win7uli and i used 7 loader 1.5 v2 to activate it

my questions is how does the boot loader version function differently / more effectively then the bios emulation driver used by 7loader
    and is there any reason why i should uninstall 7loader 1.5v2 and install the wow loader version thats based off of grub
    windows update currently works fine and system is rock stable
    I am just a tad curious i read the thread with the fancy graphical flowchart thing but all that did was confuse me

any insight and advice is much appreciated

2. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    If you are activated and win 7 is working then leave well alone.
    Messing with different loaders just because you think one might be better than another could result in you having to reinstall if you are unlucky.
    The only thing better is a bios flash but this is not for everyone.

3. rjc862003

rjc862003 MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2009
    really not worried about nerfing my system this is a test system I build that was made to be broken I am just curious on what loader is techicly more advanced.better

4. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Speaking as a person who uses a modified bios on my main PC, I have tried both Daz's and Hazar's loaders, they both work on my test rig which does not have a modified bios and the both uninstall fully. Daz's loader is coded whereas Hazar's is script based but the both achieve the object, which is the activation of windows.
    I ought to learn more about Wow.
    The others I have not tried so I would not like to comment.

I must admit I do like the 'elegance' of Daz's loader and the ability to select your key and certificate, but I think Hazar will add this into his next version when more keys become available.