So, what's the new best method then?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SloppyGoat, Feb 28, 2010.

1. SloppyGoat

SloppyGoat MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    I was using a SLIC2.1 BIOS with the Dell OEM. Out of curiosity, I tried a controlled experiment and installed 971033, thinking I would be immune. Well, bad news...SLIC2.1 is not immune to this new check. So, I restored that morning's image and everything was fine again. I removed WAT and just didn't reinstall that patch.
    So, is that it now? I mean, is that all we can do? Is there a new OEM key to switch to yet or a better method? Is this it? We all have to just watch and read everything very carefully and try not to get caught by the big Mickey Soft again? :rolleyes:

2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    It appears a lot of people who have reported non genuine with modded bios, the problem actually lies with a wrong cert or using a blacklisted key or having installed from one of those preactivated dvds or having screwed up their systems with multiple loader installs and uninstalls. So check for all this on your system.

3. smilie1964

smilie1964 MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2007
    i didn´t have this problem. i use dell slic2.1 and win 7 ultimate is activatet

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SloppyGoat

SloppyGoat MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    #4 SloppyGoat, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
    (OP)
    You know what's really strange? I was using 1303, instead of the latest BIOS 1501. Just for the hell of it, I figured I'd try flashing it to the latest. Well, it worked! I flashed it, then reinstalled WAT, and made a backup...getting ready to test and see if the patch would disable it again, and guess what?! It thinks it's already installed and everything is back to normal! Weird! LOL I'm happy though! :D I was looking in the list of hidden updates, wondering why it was not showing up...well, now I know why.