Soft Solution : just to see another method

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by akritasge, Oct 11, 2007.

1. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    #1 akritasge, Oct 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2007
    :)Windows Vista Activ*ti*n and OEM Information is an all-in-one (AIO) act*vat*r to unloc* Windows Vista. The act*vat*r for all versions of Vista works by using Vista Loader version 2.1.2, which simulate a BIOS that contains SLIC information which allows Vista OEM ac*ivati*n. The best thing about StRO Vista A*tiv*t*r is that it’s fully customizable and has the most comprehensive selection or OEM manufacturers or vendors.

Just follow me:

ht t p://tinyurl. com/2rm94h

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. satbird

satbird MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2007
    #3 satbird, Oct 11, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
    the most important question about it is.....whats the benefit, does it make a difference in terms of reialibility, capability,and MS-wga and so on,between biosmod or a softmodbios emulator.

that is what i want to know:cool:

4. El_Heffe

El_Heffe MDL Member

Jul 16, 2007
    The current software BIOS emulation programs don't work with SP1. Modding the BIOS is only method that is harder for MS to detect and defeat.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    :) Immediacy, Simplicity, SAFETY and Undo are causes worthy of support.

6. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    BIOS modding is also immediate, simple and safe if done correctly. Undoing is also possible without major problems.

Soft solutions can be detected and thus be deleted by microsoft.

7. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    :eek: Playing with BIOS is a very dangerous affair. Especially for those who are not experienced with such jobs. PC can be lost.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Most of bios chips are not soldered. A replacement costs about 15 €.

The methods to modify a bios are perfected by now. But yes it's not a way for everyone. You have to decide..........

Yen

9. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    :) 1) What about Laptops?
    2) I would like to know a good reason why to follow the difficult way, and
    3) Before deciding to start this thread I read carefully the “Before you request a (new) bios, read this!!!” post written by you yourself.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Oh yes laptops! I have always a 'special' feeling doing a Phoenix mod. (Most used at laptops). I know that there could be higher costs if a bad flash will happen. Altearnatively you can stick with a softmod, until M$ disables it.

Then you want probably to try a bios mod.

Yen

11. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007

;) It works. Date of test 19/10/2007 15:00. Follow exactly what Readme.txt, that included with the program, says.

12. ljames28

ljames28 MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2007
    Worked me for me on SP1, bit shocked really. Just did it today.

However booting takes longer as this crack uses its own boot manager, it also rather worryingly produces a lot of errors during bootup (unrecognised partition table on drive 80) however it still works. I think it just adds about 40 seconds to the boot time which isnt a problem for a laptop that i always standby

13. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    :) It works perfectly to me without any error alerts.

14. ljames28

ljames28 MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2007
    It may be getting confused because i'm running it on my macbook, by the sounds of the error it probably doesn't recognise the mac partition.

15. El_Heffe

El_Heffe MDL Member

Jul 16, 2007
    I am glad to hear that there is a soft-mod that works with SP1. But there still is a lot of danger that Microsoft will come out with updates to Vista that with break the soft-mods.

I have already modded my BIOS and it works great. People should not be afraid of flashing their BIOS -- it is much easier than it used to be. My Gigabyte motherboard actually has a BIOS flashing program built-in.

16. ljames28

ljames28 MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2007
    El_Heffe, that is very true, i use a bios mod on my main pc, but it's not possible on many laptops and therefore soft-mods ar the only alternatives. As far as i'm aware macbooks don't even have a bios, they have that EFI thing.

17. sabrehawk

sabrehawk MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2007
    #17 sabrehawk, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
    Im using that for a long time already so that aint no news really...

the question to me is..how do i safely remove it without screwing up
    my multi-boot configuration and what exactly happens when i see
    it booting up..(it does some operations with system memory when
    loading u can watch for a second on the screen)

btw im not sure if digitallife really likes you linking w*re* sites into
    their BBS.

18. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    No stuff like that please. Especially because I can't see a reason why to post such a link.