Soft to prevent deletion of audio/video files...

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by sammarbella, Sep 6, 2010.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2009
    Hi,

I´m looking a way to prevent the deletion of audio/video files on windows 7.

The computer is mainly used to play audio/video files and some "bogus" users :mad: erase files by "accident".

And no...i can't use the log off/log on and other user restricted profiles/policies cause i must be able to control the running system from time to time without disturbing/stoping running apps.

I found the freeware "Prevent v 1.0" but it seems very basic and too generic, it can't specify the restriction to delete by file extensions audio and video as .mp3, .mp4 , .flac , .mpg , .mpeg, .mkv, ect.

2. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    #2 Deb_Rider, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
    i cant tell u any idea to prevent deletion of files....
    but i have another idea....
    u can get back the deleted data in most conditions........
    use 'tune up utility', it's "tune up undelete" option will help to get back ur deleted files even if it is permanently deleted from ur computer....

but if the deletion was made long time ago,there is no chance to find them back by this process.....

try it....it's helpful....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sammarbella

sammarbella MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2009
    Ya i know soething about recycle bin and recovery "lost" data :( THAT'S the primary reason to prevent deletion...no recovery needed.

4. Deb_Rider

Aug 21, 2010

U can keep the main files hidden somewhere in ur drive,and shortcuts to them shown....
    This can prevent 'bogus' users to delete the main files....
    Hows it?????:biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    Deep Freeze

It's been discussed before on MDL. Do a search and you'll find it!

6. sammarbella

sammarbella MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2009
    @Deb_Rider

The soft players need to found the files to play so hide them is not an option.
    250k mp3 files and 5k video files across 8 HDDs...:(

I was looking at Deep Freeze and other similar soft some time ago but i still need to be able to change files by myself and lock deletion audio/video files.

7. Deb_Rider

Aug 21, 2010
    :D
    I was jst thinking of that i am making shortcuts of 30000 files....:biggrin:

Grand collection!!!!
    Wow.....:)

8. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    dont know if it will work but maybe using a read-only partition only for your media files?