Software trial still expired after re-formatting PC?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by XxBrazilianoxX, May 2, 2014.

1. XxBrazilianoxX

XxBrazilianoxX MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    The free trial of Nitro PDF Pro has just expired. I reformatted my PC and then installed the program again and it still says "Expired Trial". This is so weird!!:confused:. Would appreciate your help on this.

2. Al_Gore_Internet_Inventor

Mar 18, 2014
    One way for this to occur is the software's creator has recorded your IP or some ID (UUID?) unique to your computer on their servers. It is kind of unusual, however, for this to be the case. If you can, change your IP or try using another computer to figure it out.

One more guess - a quick format may have left data on your drive that still identified you.

I may try this program, installing via Revo Uninstaller Pro, which tracks every change made during the install process.

3. Al_Gore_Internet_Inventor

Mar 18, 2014
    I just installed the 14 day trial using Revo Uninstaller Pro to monitor the installation. 653 Files/Folders were created and 3086 chanIges to the registry were made. I see they also create an account for you on their cloud, which may be how they know it's you again. Mail.com will let you create a new email account, which you also may create an additional 25 alias accounts. And you don't have to identify yourself to mail.com with another email account.

You may want to use them to gain another 14 day trial. The downside is, (I assume) that documents created on one account won't be accessible to another account.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Many of that Giveaway Applications are bound to an single installation only. It's strongly suggested for to read the 'fine print' before start using such 'free' apps. The goal of the developers are to get new customers of their products first for free and to get the customer using that apps and also as paying customers in case the customer need to re-install that apps!

If you take the time and read the condition under which those apps are given for free, you will know what limitation are applying to them, and there are limits by all of that 'Giveaway' stuff! And that's the main reason I don't like that Giveaway's!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Is this program any better than Adobe Acrobat XI Pro? Both are available via torrents.

6. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    With all due respect, I don't see this as a Giveaway. The developer is very upfront: this is a 14 day trial. After 14 days, you must purchase it for it to continue to run. Very large font right on the download page. They are not hiding anything about what you can expect.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Many of those Trial versions 'leaving' quite a lot traces in Registry etc. and will prevent an new installation with an new trial period! That procedure is done by the most of developers and are OK IMHO, as long as there not any other limitations like Water marks, limited data sets etc., etc.!

A Trial should be an 100% working apps, with NO any limits, except the time of that Trial Period! If there's any limits, it's just a so called 'Shareware'!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. XxBrazilianoxX

Oct 5, 2011
    When I reinstalled after I formatted the PC the Internet was disconnected. So how did they know? Also, in virtual machine it always worked after resetting a new snapshot!!!

9. my2cents

my2cents Guest

Did you use the same executable that was originally downloaded (over 14 days ago I presume) or did you download a fresh copy of the executable after the clean install?

10. XxBrazilianoxX

Oct 5, 2011
    I downloaded a fresh installer with same results.

11. my2cents

my2cents Guest

Hi again,

Just to be clear, did you try the original executable a 2nd time (after the clean install) before trying a download of the fresh installer? Just trying to figure this out myself because I do this routinely for a few programs but I just do a system image restoral (to a prior time) and combined with a fresh download of the application, it works for me.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's possible the developer record the IP used. Happen sometimes for me because I use an static Internet IP, which wouldn't be happen on an dynamic IP!

13. my2cents

my2cents Guest

Yep! That is quite possible; however, I just hope the OP used a different email address when registering for the 2nd download. This software probably does some sort of license validation check when launched, and if the OP used the same email address, that could certainly explain his issue (as Al Gore also suggested). Of course, he can always use the TOR browser to test your theory as well.

14. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    #14 ismethere, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
    Try this one might be your still lucky, Interested? Nitro PDF Pro 9.5.0.20 activated.
    Link:
    Removed!

15. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Since when this forums became a warez sharing site ... STOP THAT!!! Btw, all posts/threads will be reported :mad:

16. Al_Gore_Internet_Inventor

Mar 18, 2014
    #16 Al_Gore_Internet_Inventor, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
    Or they could record the hardware MAC address, even more difficult to circumvent. Or your drive's serial number. It would interesting to run a packet sniffer/capture program to find out what data they are reading from your computer. (Wish I was smart enough to use those, but what the hell, I'm only a politician).

17. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    #17 ismethere, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
    Apologize, I'm really dont know. just want to help people...OK start today I will more learn about the rules...btw Thanks a lot
    for your attention
    regards..Ismethere
    Ps: please give me the opportunity.. edited

18. XxBrazilianoxX

Oct 5, 2011
    I found that it is because Nalpeiron License System which Nitro uses, write sectors to the disk and if I delete (zero) sector 63 of the disk it will work again. Now, is it safe to do so? Can I just Secure Erase my SSD instead?. By the way, I found this on another forum.

19. XxBrazilianoxX

Oct 5, 2011
    It worked!

I wrote zeros to sector 63 of the disk using HxD then reinstalled Nitro and it gave me a trial mode again.

nitrosector.png