[Solved] 14267 build broke flash webcam support. Any workaround?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mixolyd, Feb 21, 2016.

1. mixolyd

mixolyd MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
    #1 mixolyd, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Hey guys,
    I've been on the latest stable build for a while but decided to try insider build 14267 to see if it fixes an issue I was having (start menu search showing uninstalled programs, no new programs, stuck with search is incomplete). Well it fixed the issue, but now I'm having a bigger issue. Before I rollback I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this or knows a way to workaround

I'm in school and take exams remotely through a Chromium based program that uses Flash to record webcam. With insider build the webcam (lifecam cinema) is giving out blank output, although it is detected. Websites that test webcams in flash have the same issue on Chrome and Firefox, it's just black. I'm on latest flash stable

In Edge browser it works fine. Looks like Edge is using a version of flash that's different (21.0.0.110). I downloaded flash beta ver. 21.0.0.157 which did not fix the issue.

I tried reinstalling the webcam driver with no luck. The new Win10 build didn't update the driver, so not sure what's going on. The camera works in other non-flash based apps.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    re-install flash player.

3. mixolyd

mixolyd MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
    First thing I tried. Uninstalled, reinstalled, also tried the latest flash beta.

4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    mite be a problem with the app your using in school. u say is working fine with firefox chrome and edge.

5. mixolyd

mixolyd MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
    Maybe I wasn't clear. The issue is in both Chrome and Firefox. The issue is not present in Edge.

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    then is the flash....im sure of it.....im not having that issue and watch any video in both browser.....remove it....also remove it from registry....re- boot and re-install flash again.

7. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    i am on that build and have no issues with either firefail or chrome with flash try a clean install of this build

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    it sound he didnt get a clean update....he mite have to do a clean install job.

9. mixolyd

mixolyd MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
    I'm not going to reinstall Windows for this. That would take way too much time, and there's no telling if that'll fix it or not.
    I just rolled back to stable 10586 and the issue is gone. I guess i'll stick with this and try next insider release. Oh well

10. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    your issue has nothing to do with 14267.

11. mixolyd

mixolyd MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
    I installed 14267, issue appeared. I rolled back to latest stable build, issue disappered. How does this have nothing to do with 14267?

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's NOT a problem of build 14267, it's a problem of your installed 3.party apps/drivers/etc.! Most users of 14267 didn't have any problems you describe! If you didn't like to do a clean install, and the problem couldn't get solved otherwise, if it's not a Hardware Driver Problem, it's simply your problem, no ones elses!
    That's not a offence, just a logical point of view! It's simply up you what you'll do or not do, just don't blame someone else!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. mixolyd

mixolyd MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
    #13 mixolyd, Feb 22, 2016
    (OP)
    I don't have any third party drivers.
    Who am I blaming? Sounds like English isn't your first language. Maybe you misunderstood me. Anyway, I'll just post on adobe flash forums since nobody here knows what's going on

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You simply blame Build 14267! Read your own post's!

Also I wrote "apps/drivers/etc" which simply means everything which isn't developed etc. from Microsoft! And just regarding Drivers, Microsoft use just a very few own drivers, while the majority is from 3.party hardware developers, adopted just from MS for Windows.

15. mixolyd

mixolyd MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
    Um, there's a difference between blaming build 14267, which is clearly the temporal cause that precedes my issue, and "blaming someone."

The drivers for my lifecam cinema are from MS. No other drivers are relevant to this issue. It's clear some change in build 14267 is related to this issue. I'm not saying it's the direct cause. It could be Adobe's fault. Who knows.

Please don't participate in my thread if you're going to create drama without fully comprehending what I'm writing.

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe a general term isn't understandable by you, because the words "Blaming Someone else" didn't pointing to some specific person/organization/fact/etc., ikt's just a general term! Just, in first line, you blame Build 14267, and that's simply wrong!

Also, you didn't mentioned how old your MS Camera really is, it could be simply 10 years!! All what you explained were a Ms LifeCam Cinema Camera, and except in the last post I quote from you, you didn't mentioned any Apps etc. etc., what you're using. For sure except Flash, which is created and developed by Adobe, so the Flash Drivers! Just, the Microsoft LifeCam Driver, isn't the Flash Driver, and that one is created by Adobe!

That you're using the latest Build of an OS, which is under heavy development till now, is an other point! From a logical point of view, that Adobe will be behind of MS which their Driver adjustments for the latest builds, should be understandable and also taken in account!

Personally, my own first step would be to contact the developer of the software which creates the problems, instead of going to a forum. Near all of the problems I had with any hardware and 3.party Software in Windows 10, were solved just on that way!

17. mixolyd

mixolyd MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
    #17 mixolyd, Feb 22, 2016
    (OP)
    I can't fully understand your English, but it's evident you have no idea what you're talking about. I never blamed the insider build. I said I now have this issue which didn't exist prior to upgrading. And how do you know that it's not Microsofts fault? You have no idea what's causing this.

I came to the forum to see if anyone else experienced this. Nothing wrong with that.

Please don't post in my thread anymore. You're not helping and have a strange attitude trying to create drama for no reason.

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  19. mixolyd

mixolyd MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
  20. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    He's the forum know-it-all-but-knows-nothing

Ignore him, most of us do ;)