[SOLVED] 7 Activation when installing with RTM SP1 disk

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by delforum, Jul 18, 2011.

1. delforum

delforum MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2011
    #1 delforum, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
    Hello MDLers,

I recently modded a Dimension 2400 bios and confirmed that SLIC 2.1 was present with SLICDumpToolkit. I used the OEM SLP key after installing 7 Professional SP1, the MS release. The key is invalid for activation.

Does the OEM SLP offline activation only take place if you use the non-SP1, orignial RTM release? Is there anything I can do short of using a loader, or reinstalling to get a key to activate the system.

2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #2 FreeStyler, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Did you install the matching (DELL) OEM Certificate?

OEM Pre-activation relies on 3 factors, eg:

1. Existence of the SLIC table in BIOS
    2. OEM Certifcate that matches the SLIC table in BIOS
    3. OEM:SLP key matching installed SKU

Code:
    BIOS with SLIC Table
           ↓
            → Cert that matches SLIC in BIOS
                           ↓
                            → SLP Licensing Mode unlocked
                                           ↓
                                            → A OEM:SLP Key for the SKU you are installing
                                                           ↓
                                                            → Windows Activated

3. delforum

delforum MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2011
    If I understand you correctly, nothing changed between the 7600 and 7601 builds that would hamper OEM SLP Activation. My problem probably lies in the certificate selection of Buzz123. The certificate used was DellQA09. Here is the mod link: forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/11959-Request-for-Dell-Dimension-2400-(A05)-Award-BIOS?p=421110&viewfull=1#post421110

I will test the bios and generate some reports RW-everything, as well as use the FreeStyler tool, and Opa's.

Can I just use slmgr commands to change the certificate despite the one the modder used now that I have a SLIC 2.1?

4. Skylined

Skylined MDL Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I had this problem with my Dell Dimension 9200 but when I got the bios mod installed, I just run the latest Windows Loader (Daz) and it installs the appropriate cert. and serial.

5. delforum

delforum MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2011
    Won't running the activator defeat the purpose of modding the bios?

I have attempted to use slmgr to put in a new key and cert. I will restart and post back.

6. Skylined

Skylined MDL Member

Nov 10, 2008
    afaik if the windows loader finds the correct slic info, it will just install the cert and serial, not a loader