[Solved] 911medic help please...

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sadsack, Jun 28, 2016.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hi 911medic,

(I tried to find the message we had ages ago about installing oem bios files, but it was so long ago that it may have been deleted).

Here's my scenario,.... running an old xp sp3 pro tower,.... but I had to make a number of hardware changes, now windows is asking me to re-activate.

I already had an old copy of your OEM bios test disk.... it showed that F:synnex technology 6EBE3B48 would be okay.

I have already downloaded these:
    OEMBIOS.BI_
    OEMBIOS.CA_
    OEMBIOS.DA_
    OEMBIOS.SI_
    SLP.TXT

I have also got your oembios changer tool (i vaguely remember using it at some time in the past).

This is where i get stuck,... i'm not to sure if these OEMBIOS files are compressed or uncompressed, as i believe that i require uncompressed OEMBIOS files for a copy of xp that is already setup. (may have that bit wrong).

this is where i am stuck,... do i need to create a bootable cd with oembios changer on it with the oembios files.. or am i simply barking up the wrong tree.
    Could really do with some help here chaps... as it's been way to long since i did anything like this.
    appreciate advice/help/guidance...
    cheers

sadsack

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Sorry, the number you have dialled has not been recognised, please check and try again

3. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Yes, already been there and tried that.......

as an update..... I ran 911medic proggie on a laptop and unpacked the files to a small usb drive.
    copied the compressed oembios files to the compressed folder.
    i then managed to get into safemode with command prompt on the xp pc.... shoved in the usb drive, and managed to browse to the thumb drive and ran the bat file.

I chose to uncompress the files... and then tried to (to be honest i've forgotten what i did know)... but i saw a lot of text scrolling up.

it then asked me to reboot to finish.

I did this and xp boots to windows but during the boot process i did see a message that xp was not genuine. strange because it's been genuine for the last 7 years... and only become un genuine due to my pulling in and out different gfx cards.

comments would be very much welcome... but please try to be helpful.