[Solved] Acer Aspire E1-410 Bios recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Joe1990, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Joe1990

Joe1990 MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2018
    Hi guys, I need help. I bricked my E1-410 after I tried to update the BIOS to 2.08, using the updater from Acer website, to enable legacy support. But the update actually completed but somehow ended up bricking anyway (stucked in a bootloop). Any help guys to recover? I tried downloading the 2.10, extracted it an renamed it to BIOS.fd, into a USB drive, pushing fn+esc. The activity LED blinking before it stopped and the bootloop is back. Help please guys..

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Describe the bootloop elaborately.

Can you see anything on your screen?

3. Joe1990

Joe1990 MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2018
    Okay, it's like this. When I turned it on, power LED lights up briefly, with cpu fan, hdd and dvd drive powering up and followed by the activity light. After that all powering off, and the whole thing repeats over and over again.
    Basically very similar to what I've read in this forum. And no, nothing at all on the screen. I've tried everything. Removed the RAM, it turned on, along with the CPU fan but nothing on the screen. Connect to external monitor also reveals nothing.
    I have also removed the CMOS battery, also nothing. And for the RAM, it's a pain in the **s to remove. I have to practically removed the whole motherboard just to access the RAM.

What I've tried with the BIOS:

Tried to flash with official version 2.08 and 2.10 from Acer site to no avail. If I name it other than bios.fd, the USB drive LED lights up for less than a sec, and nothing happened.
    If I name it bios.fd, the USB lights up for around 2 minute before the laptop restart itself and bootlooping all over again.

Tried with BIOS version 2.04 and 2.08 that comes in .bin format downloaded off some random Indonesian website, also name it bios.fd, the USB LED lights up non stop for hours, nothing happened at all.
    I'm very sure it used Insyde H2O BIOS. I'm at wit's end. I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm hoping somebody here has some experience with Acer Aspire E1-410 since I cannot find anything with that model here.

4. Joe1990

Joe1990 MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2018
    Yes. Definitely.

5. Joe1990

Joe1990 MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2018
    Anything guys? I'm pretty desperate here

6. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Have you tried pulling the CMOS battery out so it resets to BIOS defaults?

Or maybe removing all the RAM and trying to boot it (to get an error beep) and then reinserting it to possibly reset some stuff in the BIOS?

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  8. Joe1990

Joe1990 MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2018
    Did everything you said here. I even tried looking for CMOS reset jumper, but there's none. I tried removing the CMOS battery for a few hours to make sure it resets. I tried pulling the RAM, but when I turn it on, the lights is permanently on but no display or beep. The bloody MB design made it really hard to remove the RAM.

9. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    #15 tqhoang, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Hahaha that's great! Nothing needed except clicking "like" on my post above!

I looked at the embedded BIOS filename and it was "SYBI02##.EXE" so I searched for older versions {01,02,03,04,05,06,07} and got a hit on the 2.05 version. I had to visit that Chinese site baidu.com, but Google translate helps a ton.

Now the big question that I'm dying to know:
    Are you able to successfully update to the latest 2.10 after recovery flashing the 2.05? Using either the Windows flasher or the just the stock v210s.fd and the USB recovery method.

10. Joe1990

Joe1990 MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2018
    Well, the only reason why I tried to update the BIOS in the first place is to enable legacy boot mode so that I can install Win 7. Now that I can, no way in hell I'm gonna mess with BIOS update again regardless of version. I'm lucky enough to have you bail my ass this time around haha. But the laptop's wireless is missing somehow, no where to be found in Device Manager. I probably didn't fix the wifi card properly when I put the laptop back together. Gonna have to pry the whole thing again to check.

But again, you really saved my ass. If I bring the laptop to the shop, I'm 100% sure they're gonna say the MB is busted and gonna have to replace the whole thing. Gonna cost a pretty penny and ultimately gonna end up as not so expensive and ugly paper weight. Thanks a lot man! Thank you so much dude!

11. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Ok no problem. Glad you got it working again.

For the wireless, double check that you didn't toggle the wireless kill switch (if it has a physical one). Also see if you have a keyboard hotkey like FN+F#.

Good luck!