[Solved] Activating Windows 7 on Panasonic Toughbook

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bigote, Jun 15, 2018.

1. bigote

bigote MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2012
    Hi, everybody I've been reading this forum for years, but never really had a need to post anything
    Now my question, Does anyone has a copy of the original windslic posted in the first post by "nononsense"
    I have a need for either the mbr or ntfs version, I used the NIC option rom version and it works very well.
    But I now have this Panasonic Toughbook which came with Vista and of course it wont activate Win7 so I need a way to do it, I do have the USB version which works of course but I have not been able to find a USB key small enough to fit my Toughbook CF-30 rear ports with the door closed.
    I now there is the source code on github but that requires compiling and as I understand that involves having Visual Studio which I don't have and it is not free.
    I've been searching the web deep and wide but so far no traces of the original windslic_ntfs or windslic_mbr.
    I'll appreciate any help in this regard
    Thanks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. bigote

bigote MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2012
    Hi Tito, I'm glad you still around here for the rest of us.
    Well I've never been a fan of this kind of loader simply because it comes in exe format and I can't tell what could be inside, that is the reason why I prefer windslic or bios mod but as you may know this particular panasonic toughbook model came with a weird ami bios that is 1.5M in size and bios mod utility does not recognize it.
    So my only route is the windslic one but it seems all the links to it are long gone.
    Thanks again Tito and good to hear from you.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    How do you know what's inside the windslic files, even windslic prolly can be exploited to do harm.

5. bigote

bigote MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2012
    Well the point is I've used it in the past and I trust the intentions of its creator NONONSENSE.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    And an admin of MDL not (@Daz ;))? Or the many thousands of people who used it?:thinking:

7. bigote

bigote MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2012
    Ok just for the record I have absolutely nothing against @Daz or any other developer for that matter, I simply prefer the other 2 methods explained above.
    Regards
    Tito:
    You have been here a very long time don't you have a backup of the original Windslic all flavors?

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #8 Tito, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    @bigote

No, I've deleted them (different forks by @nononsence, @Yen, @flagmax, zsmin and others) long ago as they are unsupported and not compatible with different configurations. Daz's loader is vastly superior than them in terms of automation, compatibility and support.

If you're after open source solutions, then opt for KMS emulation.

What's the exact model of your laptop?

9. bigote

bigote MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2012
    Sorry for the late reply, my laptop is the toughbook cf-30 mk3 with not the usual phoenix bios but award.

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  11. bigote

bigote MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2012
    Hello again Tito, good news I managed to get VS2012 installed
    I run build-release and it went through the procedure and finished without errors.
    Now I know nothing about programming so can you pleas shed some light as to what to do how here and where.

12. bigote

bigote MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2012
    Ok never mind I figured it out after the compilation, I run the executable and now I'm activated problem solved.
    I want to thank everyone who replied specially you Tito .
    Has been an honor.

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @bigote

Welcome and thanks for the feedback. :)

As I suspected, the firmware is based on AMI Aptio, thus you need Phoenix Tool to do a dynamic SLIC mod. Remember, flashing with generic AFUDOS on these notebooks often ends up with a brick.

May I know, which repo did you follow and compile?