[SOLVED] AsRock Extreme4 Z77 SLP/SLIC

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Humphrey, May 13, 2013.

1. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Board: Asrock Extreme4 Z77

Current Bios Ver: 2.80

Asrock bios link

I found the modded bios (with SLIC 2.1 already added) in the request forum which worked perfectly.

BUT

I was searching one day and found this: Moddified bios files with updated modules. which was made by burfadel but doesn't have SLIC 2.1- the updates modules:

I have phoenixtool214.
    I HAD a tool that I think was named AMI or something, its purpose was to extract the files in exe file. (I used that tool to extract the files and was able to successfully mod the files (as a test just to see if I could do it-but I lost that AMI tool.)

I followed some post and I was unable to modify my bios files.
    Seeing how I lost that AMI tool, I tried using the file Z77EXT42.80 which the phoenix tool accepted but I am not sure whats wrong.

[​IMG]

I attached the log file I got from the phoenix tool.

I would like to add a SLIC 2.1 string for Win 7 to the bios file that was modified by burfadel I would also like to add SLP for XP and if possible. SLIC 2.0 for vista.

Attached Files:

• SLIC.7z
      File size:
      18.1 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Use Dynamic method and you don't need an RW report. Choose Dell SLIC 2.2 which covers Server 2012, 7 and Vista.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Please explain why SSV2 wouldn't work. As far as I know my board didn't have a SLIC which to me means to my that I should us SSV2. (Used several tools including SLIC_ToolKit_V3.2.)

I did as you said and it wrote the bios file successfully, I am just needing to write it bios now to test.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Its not Phoenix bios; its AMI EFI and already contains a partial SLIC.

5. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I see. I originaly, back when I had started looking into modded bios's, had that tool but was told to use phoenix :/

I applied the updated modded bios and it was successful.

[​IMG]

Which would be best, stick with phoenix or download the AMI EFI tool?

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. Actually andyp's Phoenix Tool handles Phoenix\Dell\Insyde\EFI bioses.

7. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #7 Humphrey, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    (OP)
    Good, thanks for the help Tito! :hug2:

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Welcome buddy.

:)