[Solved] Asus Eee pc 1001p bios recovery help plz

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by abbs2002, Aug 8, 2015.

1. abbs2002

abbs2002 MDL Junior Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Hi, I have Asus Eee pc 1001p that I’m trying to recover the bios, I was upgrading bios but the job did not complete bios was erased but was not replaced so the system turn on to a black screen, any ideas please? Steps to recover the bios will be great. Cheers.

2. abbs2002

abbs2002 MDL Junior Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Hi, just an update, problem solved ;)

The problem was the ROM file offered at Asus website the latest bios 1202 for Asus Eee PC 1001P is corrupted or something wrong with it that’s why my system erased the bios but could not flash the new ROM file.
    The procedure was simple I have used floppy disk and copied ROM files version 1103 that I have downloaded from Asus website this ROM file is the one before the latest and named it AMIBOOT.ROM also I made another copy of the sale ROM file and named it 1001P.ROM and copied both files to floppy disk, not sure which file did the job, plugged the floppy drive to the laptop and held down the CTRL + HOME buttons and pressed power I kept holding the CTRL + HOME until text show up on the screen than I let go of them , it took about 90 seconds then I got message to press power button to reboot the laptop, all was good happy days….
    Ps: I noticed when I was flashing the corrupted ROM file 1202 the message “Start Programming…\” comes up and that all I was getting the programming did not go any further I also noticed the (back slash) on top of the flashing curser keeps turning for hours non-stop but when I got the good ROM file and start flashing it the curser turns but stops from time to time and turns again and stops sometimes horizontally and other time vertically and that gave me the indication that the programming was going on and not long after that say 90 seconds you will be laughing, that’s the different I have noticed and it could save you time just by looking at the back slash and what it is doing.

Good Luck