[SOLVED] Bootmgr is missing?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by iMPossibl, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    #1 iMPossibl, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
    One day, I was restoring my computer to a system image, then teh next day, I restart and it says BOOTMGR is missing, I keep trying restoring using startup repair then another system restore, but it does not find the windows c installation, and I can only boot using my portable hard drive, please help.

All so one more thing, Can I delete partitions and put them on my main drive? + windows says its activated when I activate online but not on my computer, what the fudge?!

2. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I am using windows loader,
    I used the windows backup software,
    Yes I do have one internal HDD and I want to unpartition it,
    Yes I am using the neosmart one (forgot what it is called sorry) I use that because I learnt I could boot of my portable HDD using it, so now I have win 7 on it...

3. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Nope, because that was when windows was ingenuine it was the C:\ Drive, + could you tell me how i get get into device management where i can create partitions and change drive numbers ect?

4. DonaldFaQ

DonaldFaQ MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2010
    Do this

Boot from your Windows 7 DVD
    Go to Repairfunction (I think its called so, in german this called Reparaturfunktion)
    goto the Point, where you can start your console
    Type this in your console

bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /mbr /force

Reboot and check for function.

Greetings, DonaldFaQ

5. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Nevermind I found it.

6. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Ah, thank you, and I think you mean Command Prompt?
    I will try that, I will give a reply to you in 10-20 minutes, after I'm done watching Danny Bhoy on youtube.

7. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    The method you told me does not work :(

I think the problem may be more related to the fact that windows cannot find the hard drive i installed it from, that way I could reinstal windows, than after I tried your method, i done bootrec.exe /fixboot followed by /scanos and it told me that it cannot find the windows installation files, what do i do?

Anyway I can format and install windows 7 again?

8. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Meh I hate my laptop, Im starting fresh again, damn f**king windows...

btw the only reason I didn't start fresh was because for some wierd bug i restored my comp to my sisters windows 7 sys image now it thinks it is her laptop which is genuine windows 7, as i have found out pirated versions randomly freeze on you and it is annoying.

9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I have faced this problem too especially with integrated original windows 7 with sp1. If I wish to change the boot disk from one to another, windows 7 sometimes installs but creates 2 active partitions. If I make the 2nd one inactive or format it, windows 7 does not load up and gives this error on startup. On a new disk or when changing the boot disk, I need to disconnect all the hard disks except the one on which to install windows 7 on. That way, windows 7 sees only 1 disk and installs correctly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. iMPossibl

iMPossibl MDL Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Nope they are clean iso's, checked the hash, downloaded from this site...

I can't reinstall windows, as It is just trying to install from the portable hdd I am booting from not the C:\ drive