[SOLVED] Can you remove Empty Blank Edge icon after removing Chromium Edge on 21H2?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by crven-gjaol, Nov 18, 2021.

1. crven-gjaol

crven-gjaol MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2021
    Is there a way to hide/remove the leftover from seems to be Legacy Edge icon on the start menu after uninstalling Edge Chromium. Clicking it does nothing.

upload_2021-11-18_22-56-2.png

2. Rukhaiya

Rukhaiya MDL Novice

May 4, 2018
  3. yes you can remove . just remove legacy edge packages via dism & this shortcut will not be seen.

4. crven-gjaol

crven-gjaol MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2021
  5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jokkell

jokkell MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2009
    #6 jokkell, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    Hello BAU and everyone else
    The linked script is not working with my PC on LTSC 21H2.
    In Powershell (as admin) I see only a line with (corresponding): sihost beenden (English: exit sihost)? [Yes]Y [No]N .... [?]Help etc.
    If I type "Y" (or "J" in German) Powershell show up a line to download Firefox!
    The leftover Edge shortcut in the Start menu is (beside the grayed-out Edge item in Options/Apps and Features) still present :-(
    My previously created system image with Acronis will not start by reboot and the backup can't be installed (I've never had that before!)...
    Very strange!
    Works this script only in W10 Home?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Edition does not matter. I still use it often and works fine on all kinds of W10 or W11 editions but I mostly use English. If you say it's broken in German I will try it, but it might just be that there's something else at fault.
    I have a revision planned anyway, but no ETA.

8. jokkell

jokkell MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2009
    Thanks BAU! Recovery of the backup image was partially successful now - setting the option "CSM legacy support" to "Enabled" in UEFI was successful to boot in Acronis (Linux?). Obviously was the freeze of the booting process (invoked from Acronis Backup) caused not by the script....

But... regarding the language: Windows Powershell shows me also a info of a deactivated PSReadline because combatibility and for a re-activation I should run „Import-Modul psReadline”. I don't know much about it and if this a reason and also no idea how I run a "Modul".
    Anyway... I can wait for possible improvement of the script. Take your time - no hurry.

9. jokkell

jokkell MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2009
    #9 jokkell, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Hello, is there any news regarding the script that works for german edition of Windows as well?
    Unfortunately, I have no clue whatsoever about PowerScript. :confused:

10. migascalp

migascalp MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2009