[Solved] Can't log in to Microsoft account on Windows 8.1 Pro, error code 0x80070426

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by todda7, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todda7

todda7 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2013
    #1 todda7, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    Hello!

When trying to log in to a Microsoft account either in Skydrive or Windows Store I get error code 0x80070426.
    I have tried WSReset.exe (windows store reset), apps.diagcab and microsoftaccounts.diagcab, but with no luck. Anyone got some tips?

Windows 8.1 Pro non-WMC x64 retail phone activated.

2. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Is your Mail App is working? Are you able to login to Outlook.com? Make sure your account is not blocked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. todda7

todda7 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2013
    Same error in Mail App. There is nothing wrong with my account, as I don't even get to the point where I can write the email and password. The error appears before the login process.

4. sunesio

sunesio MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2013
    Is your Windows still activated?

5. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I have asked you "Are you able to sign in to Outlook.com" If yes then it is a different problem, if not then your account is blocked. You have to contact Hotmail Support in order to retrieve that. If they are willing to do so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    Try reset your internet connection, if you haven't luck, only way is reinstall Windows. o_O :(

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    MSDNAA ie right! Just contact Hotmail Support if you could NOT log on to outlook.com, live.com and/or hotmail.com! That's the only way to solve that problem, even re-installing of windows wouldn't solve that, the error would be the same!

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If his account's are blocked, even reinstalling wouldn't work! The error would continue to show up!

9. todda7

todda7 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2013
    #9 todda7, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    (OP)
    I am fully able to log in to Outlook.com; the error message appears before I even get to input my email/password in Windows, and so it is does not even know what my email-adress is. Windows is still fully activated. Can I refresh the installation, keeping installed programs?
    EDIT: And if so, can I use the same serial and phone-code, or do I have to call again?
    Thanks for the help guys :)

EDIT2: Reinstalled Windows, the phone-code didn't work but i got a new one. I dont have the problem anymore, but I think it was due to KMSNano for Office2013.