[SOLVED]- Can't uninstall RemoveWAT or use WAT fix: Windows 7 not genuine

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TCJJ, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCJJ

TCJJ MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    #1 TCJJ, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. TCJJ

TCJJ MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    #3 TCJJ, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    (OP)
    Um.... what exactly do I use it for? I mean, doesn't that batch script require a filename? What do I enter for that? I don't think there's any specific file I have a problem with, so.....

By the way, I can use slmgr since I reinstalled KB971033 (although I uninstalled it again), and my user accounts are all screwed up (HomeGroupUser$ and Other Account. If I select Other Account, I can manually type in my main account or Administrator for the admin account and log in, but that's obviously not what I want). I've had that happen before and a system restore fixed that, but System Restore won't work (I think COMODO Internet Security is blocking it), and I can't seem to get into safe mode to run it through command prompt from there. I'll try that again now, though, in case I can pull it off. That might solve some, if not hopefully all, of my issues.

EDIT: Safe mode System Restore worked, but it doesn't seem to have done anything, apart from put RemoveWAT back in place. Windows kept giving me the not genuine stuff still, but I left it on overnight, and the watermark disappeared (but my desktop background went black again, like I keeps doing, so I keep changing it back and deleting it's new custom theme). I'm not getting the not genuine notice when launching programs anymore. The not genuine message pops up on the toolbar every noe and then and changes my theme again, which is really starting to get annoying. I still can't uninstall RemoveWAT, either.

I want some insurance for the future now, basically. Could COMODO stop the uninstallation of RemoveWAT? If so, how can I disable it? I don't really want to uninstall it, Task Manager can't terminate it, and RemoveWAT won't run in safe mode.

3. TCJJ

TCJJ MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    Turns out COMODO Internet Security was my whole problem. I disabled it/exited it, then could uninstall RemoveWAT (despite one little error), but then I could run WAT fix and finally the DAZ loader. Everything seems to be working fine again.

Sorry for the pointless trouble. This thread can now be locked, please.