[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1545 & other models Bluetooth Drivers Module on Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by hashid, Dec 2, 2012.

1. hashid

hashid MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2012
    #1 hashid, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    I found out this solution after a lot of research, and its funny that solution is very simple!
    Well, I understand you have upgraded your OS to Windows 8, and your OS does not detect Bluetooth.
    Whenever you try to install the Bluetooth Drivers provided by Dell Website, it gives you Compatibility error.
    So the solution is this,
    1. Download the Bluetooth Drivers (Dell Wireless 365) from Dell Website (dell.com/support/drivers/) under Networks for Windows 7.
    2. Install (Extract) the .exe file you have downloaded. In my case it is R228749.exe
    3. Now you get an error message saying "This program is not compatible with this version of Windows.
    4. Don't mind that, instead go to C:/Dell/Drivers. Open the folder where you extracted the files, in my case 83V6K
    5. Now open Win32 or Win64 folder depending on the architecture of your processor. If you're not sure, try the next steps with Win64 first, if you get error try Win32.
    6. Now, in that folder, there is an exe file called Inst. Double click on that and INSTALL.
    7. Restart the system.
    8. You now have Windows 8 with working Bluetooth Module on your Dell Inspiron or Vostro or Studio or whatever Laptop ;-)

Hope this helped :) I got this solution from some other website which I don't remember, so I'm not the one behind this trick!
    More trouble I or someone else will be happy to help you with :p
    Hashid Hameed

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. kutafon

kutafon MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2012
    You are all wrong. Non of the Station-drivers Broadcom software will work, W7 software from Dell will not work either. Your mouse will disconnect many times, your mobile phone will not connect etc. The only way to make it work as it should is to download Broadcom software from ASUS version 12.0.0.1600 for P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard. No other version will work doesn't matter older or newer. Now you have the software installed, you will have to update the driver for Dell 365 manually. The only driver for 365 and Windows 8 is 12.0.0.10 and its available on Windows update. Just update the driver from device manager. I have tested all software versions and non of them will work better than this.

4. hashid

hashid MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2012
    Really ? I did not find any problem with transferring files to my phone.
    I don't use BT Mouse or keyboard, so can't say. Is the driver you mentioned above for Dell Inspiron 1545 ?

5. hashid

hashid MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2012
    Oops, sorry bro. I created this topic as soon as I found the solution after hours of searching and try other different solutions. Just wanted to share this, so forgot about giving credits. I even forgot where I found this. :)

6. willhill

willhill MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2013
    Tried for ages but I kept getting driver interrupted (old and grey now) in the end I used driver R196560 and it worked. Dell 1545 365 bluetooth. o_O

7. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Here installed Atheros and Broadcom Bluetooth drivers with Windows Update on Dell Inspiron n-5110.No problems.

8. hashid

hashid MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2012
    Wow! the Asus trick works! I just upgraded my OS to Windows 8.1 and bluetooth stopped working. The above trick which I posted did not work on Windows 8.1 .
    So I tried the Asus drivers, and it works perfect.

1. Just go to Asus support Website
    2. Search for P8Z77-V DELUXE search box and select it from the results.
    3. Choose Windows 8 from the OS (whichever is your architecture 32 or 64 bit)
    4. Scroll down and select Bluetooth.
    5. Download the drivers with version 12.0.0.1600 (Others WON"T WORK)
    6. Install it, restart your system and that's it