[SOLVED]"Downgrade" Win 8 Dell laptop to Win7

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Ren3gade, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Ren3gade

Ren3gade MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2014
    #1 Ren3gade, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    Okay so, having a bit of trouble getting this to work, got the installation disk (yes a genuine windows 7 home prem). Now to boot from disk (Just to add the plan is to do a full re-install of the OS keeping no user files) I've tried holding shift when restarting to get into the windows 8 options and selected boot from disk.

Now I've done this a million times with no problems but with this machine I'm getting the windows boot manager message about digital signature errors.

Also tried F12 boot options selected the disk...it loads but then i get "UEFI DVD1 Path1 has been block by the current security policy"

So I've looked in the bios setup (F2) but can't seem to find any UEFI security information, everything seems to be okay in there but I'm sure I'm missing something, damn windows 8. :confused:

Any ideas would be great, cheers.

2. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    on the ASUS laptops, you needs to disable Secure Boot and enable CMS

Check in your BIOS if you have those options, then only can you install Windows 7

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    BTW, why do you wanna downgrade mate?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrBeer

MrBeer MDL Member

May 23, 2007
    download clasic shell and turn off all win8 metro stuff and it is win7

5. Ren3gade

Ren3gade MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2014
    :worthy:

HA!! i knew there was something i missed I'm kicking myself now for not getting that haha. And its a job I'm working on not for myself.

Cheers for the help ian.

6. Ren3gade

Ren3gade MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2014
    It sure is, if not a little faster, its the compatibility issues that are still a problem though, plus its for a client not my self.
    Thanks anyway though ;)

peace.

7. Ren3gade

Ren3gade MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2014
    This can be marked solved now, also...Change UEFI mode to Legacy ;) in boot options on the bios...I feel half asleap today :sleep2:

Peace.