[Solved] firefox bookmarks problem

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by mehdibleu, Jan 31, 2018.

1. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    #1 mehdibleu, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    hello,

i am having a little problem concerning firefox and saving bookmarks, when i save a bookmark, it is saved automatically in "other bookmarks" when it should be saved in "bookmarks menu" so i tried to to get them saved in "bookmark menu" as it was originally but i ddin't manged to do it until now.

So if someone could give me a hand and tell me how to save bookmarks in "bookmarks menu" automatically instead of "other bookmarks", that would be nice.

Thank you in advance.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Addicted

Nov 26, 2012
    Firefox remembers always the last used location and if it isn't enough, use add-on for changing default location.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    #3 mehdibleu, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    (OP)
    i don't want to use add-on, i just want to get my bookmarks saved in the default location automatially which is "bookmarks menu", i can change the default location but manually and i want to be done automatically, it shouldn't be complicated to do but i just don't manage to do it until now.

4. JarrahBenida

JarrahBenida MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2018
    That's why I use Chrome

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Right click at the top of your page... above the URL header.
    In the pop up box check "Menu Bar"
    You will now see the Menu Bar in the Upper left corner of your browsers page
    Click on "Bookmarks" and from that drop down box select "Bookmark This Page"
    You will get another box, from there you can select What folder to save your bookmark, or create a new folder in which to save your bookmark (select choose)
    For me it's alway's been in the same place as before Quantum. I can't see why your having any problems IMHO....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. s1ave77

s1ave77 MDL Guide Dog/Dev

Aug 15, 2012
    I usually drag any opened tab i wanna bookmark to a folder in the bookmarks bar :g:. So i know where it goes to :D.

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Well that's just too easy and we can't make things look that easy

9. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    thank you, i already know that, and as said in the OP, i want the bookmarks to be saved automatically in the "bookmarks menu" and not manually which i can do as you said but i prefer to get it done automatically and that's something i don't manage to do until down.
    To be perfectly clear, when i choose to bookmark a page it is saved automaticaly in "Other bookmarks" and i want the pages to be saved automatically in "bookmarks menu".

10. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    Thank you for this trick, it works perfectly and that solves my problem in a certain way as it's really practical way to save bookmarks quickly so that's fine with me.
    i'v never thought about doing it :hummer:

11. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    This has worked perfectly for a decade, but it was much too easy and worked too well, so they improved it. So now everybody is forced to install the bookmark toolbar. Why not waste some space on the desktop? The more toolbars you have installed, the more important you must be....

Don't even try to explain that to a Firefox Fan.

12. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    so do you mean that everybody is having the same problem as me since the firefox Quantum version has been released ?

13. s1ave77

s1ave77 MDL Guide Dog/Dev

Aug 15, 2012
    Always used it that way, two birds with one stone since the normal way would need me to sort them afterwards anyway :D.

14. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Everything I have bookmarked in the years since coming to Firefox from Netscape, was automatically saved in the Bookmark Menu, unless I asked for a different folder. So whenever I click on Bookmark in the Menu Bar it is available....
    Since Quantum everything is by default saved to Other Bookmarks, and as this thread tells me, there is no way to change that default, or someone would have said so, right?

It may not be a problem for others who are not used to using "our" system, and also not to people who have a Bookmark Bar. Of course you needv to remember where you did save which bookmark...

I was actually hoping someone would tell us where to change the default.