[Solved] Fujitsu Lifebook U904 activate WWAN module

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by wcoyotte2022, Feb 23, 2022.

1. wcoyotte2022

wcoyotte2022 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2022
    Hello Team,

Does someone know how to activate WWAN / UMTS module on a Fijutsu Lifebook U904.
    Everything is present in the laptop (SIM slot, WAN antenna, PCI WWAN module.
    This option was not activated at factory configuration and i don't find how to activate it.
    WWAN option is not visible in bios settings.
    I've tried several tools but don't find how to do it.

So does someone know how and with which tool it can be done please ?

Regards

2. Asparagus Lover

Asparagus Lover MDL Senior Member

May 17, 2019
    Hello, @wcoyotte2022
    Is there any Unknown Device in the Windows' device manager? Are all drivers installed?

3. wcoyotte2022

wcoyotte2022 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2022
    Hello, Thanks for answer.
    Nothing in device manager, all drivers has been installed.
    I have another U904 with same motherboard PN but with WWAN activated, I have tested WWAN module, compared drivers and bios settings and version.

The main difference is that Bios on activated WWAN U904 has an option to enable or disable WWAN. This option doesn't exist on U904 with desativated WWAN. So that's why it seems to be be a low level parameter to activate (NVRAM, DMI , ... ?)

From what i have seen on several forum, if you don't choose WWAN option at buying time you need to contact fujitsu reseller to make a software modification to activate this module.
    May be a factory tool ?

4. Rrrre

Rrrre MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2024
    First post, resurrecting a long dormant thread... I have a Fujitsu U904, old but still useful for the price.

The WWAN is active in BIOS. In Windows, the drivers are loaded and the WWAN network settings say "Insert SIM"... so I guess everything is active.

But try as I might, I can't get it to recognise any SIM. Tried multiple networks, but it just doesn't acknowledge a SIM has been inserted at any point. Is there something obvious I'm missing?