[Solved] Help me ! Its urgent.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sid_16, Sep 11, 2014.

1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Hello everybody! Now a days I'm facing some serious problem regarding my computer. Since last couple of weeks my computer hanged after running an hour and half (thought it may be the HDD failure), so I tried to install a new HDD but saw samething, again changed my Mother Board from ASUS (local repair shop told me that the mother board is the culprit..its North Bridge and South bridge getting heated causing the computer hangs while running for an hour) to Gigabyte (H61M-S) then installed win7 ultimate SP1 and activated with Daz loader all went fine. But when I tried to restore the computer from the image created yesterday, I got the error message that the windows failed to boot.... insert windows disk and try to repair computer, there I stuck for 2 hours 'cos the installation disk managed to repair the computer and try to boot but failed again and again. This is the summary of my computer related problem.

I need some expert advice,how to restore the imaga just created yesterday,that may save me 1GB of internet data (178 updates) and some important files application/s (security) which may be installed once.
    An early and helpful reply will highly be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    sid_16.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    How can u restore an image created with a different motherboard (Asus) on a new one (Gigabyte). The hardware is not the same or i misunderstood something :confused:

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
  6. CEW

CEW MDL Senior Member

Jan 21, 2011
    It is actually very easy. Just boot the thing and point p2p adjust at the windows partition. It is almost instant.

I notice the free paragon rescue kit 14 also has it. Newer version also works with 8x. Strangely, it is not in the winpe it creates, but it is in both the linux isos ( x86 and x64 )that come with it. I think they might support secure boot also.

7. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Okay I'll do that.

8. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Hello again!

Mr Tito and Mr CEW, I've downloaded Paragon P2P Adjust OS and created an iso CD. Now shall I run it along with the image created in an external HDD? The last part of the tutorials is bit difficult... how can I add the new drivers (DVD provided by Gigabyte MB) to the ISO / IMAGE or manually add after finishing the migration?
    Thanks for your kind cooperation.
    Regards,
    sid_16.

9. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    #9 sid_16, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    (OP)
  10. CEW

CEW MDL Senior Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yes, that is correct. P2P is used on an image that has already been applied. Big advantage of that is you don't need a paragon image. Any other kind of image, once applied, can be treated with p2padjust. Doesn't even need to be a restored 3rd party image. E.G moving a hard drive with windows already to another machine.

That is why it is much better than other "boot on different hardware" from other manufacturers - they only do it during the restore of their own images.

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009