[Solved] How to activate Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jay_A, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Jay_A

Jay_A MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2018
    Hey guys I'm new to both activating stuff (hahaha xD) and the forums. I'm just really pissed with the watermark that shows up with the trial version. How do you activate windows 10? thnx guys

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. Jay_A

Jay_A MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2018
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The staff will probably move your thread to the proper place :)

5. Jay_A

Jay_A MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2018
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    First of all: WHAT Version of Windows 10 you use? If you use a Retail Version you need to have Product Key, for a VL (Volume License) you'll need to use the KMS Solution and so on!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    For a retail version you can always use a KMS activator too!

8. Jay_A

Jay_A MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2018
    Well I figured it out by myself :) Turns out there's some instructions with how to use the activator and it's AMAZING glad I joined this forum thnx guys!!

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You just forget to mention that in using those way the version change from Retail to VL!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The proper coded KMS tools insert the gVLK by themselves when ran on OEMRET installs.

So, it doesn't matter if the install was OEMRET or VL originally, the KMS tool works on all.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #12 Mr.X, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    ---------------->
    So no "version" is changed at all...

:tooth:

Btw @pisthai is not VERSION what you mean to say but CHANNEL or LICENSING types.
    I prefer "channel" for this matter.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    AFAIK: Retail and OEM-Retail are different in several meanings! Or am I wrong?

KMS (Key Management Service) is used to activate VL (Volume License) Versions by whom who has got the authorization from Microsoft to do so, using a special VL-ProductKey. In legal means, the use of KMS is not allowed for a Private Single Activation, it is for Organizations and Corporate Customers.

@Enthousiast & MrX:
    Also, Version is widely used to 'specify' all different kind of (in this case) Windows 10 Versions, and even you sooooo educated guys used that as classification etc. in this forum! Beside of that, a simple fact is, if someone, who didn't own a License from Microsoft with the required special Product key and use even 'proper coded KMS tools', like the MKT and so on, is using a KMS activated version of Windows etc. illegally. And that is a criminal delict!
    Or would you tell that I'm wrong with that assumption?

13. DeathBubbaOG

DeathBubbaOG MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2018
    point of kms activator is not having to pay like 170$ for stupid windows owned by a billionaire.

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    So, you're just a "Cheap Charlie" and even 'steal' from others to take profit of what those have worked hard for?! And just to say: if that's is a stupid Windows, what are you to use it?

15. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    If you are against KMS activators, why are you a member of a forum that develops KMS activators?

16. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I thought the same you typed it no offense @pisthai

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You may don't understand what I was talking about?! To tell it in simple words: I don't like if someone 'profit' from the work of others and in the same moment telling that those others are stupid etc., or even making some income with something he itself isn't able to do! Pure jealousy!

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I don't know what to answer to these incoherent posts of you.

The only thing i said is:
    Properly coded KMS tools put in the gVLK before they do their KMS activation, so it doesn't matter if the initial install was OEMRET or VL.

19. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You guys are lucky to that those more or less software pirating is done with Microsoft if it was Apple's properties you 'dealing' with, that you would end up in some legal cases would be quite high!

The simple fact is, using the KMS system without authorization from Microsoft, is a criminal delict (in the words of Law) and could (and would) be punished. If you think (or even claim, as many times were done on this forum) otherwise, go and ask a lawyer