[Solved] How To Delete A Protected Service Entry?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ChaserLee, Dec 18, 2015.

1. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    I've just this evening dumped AVG Internet Security, for several reasons... Anyways, the uninstall went poorly, just another reason I came to dislike the program... Long story short, after doing round about methods, I finally got it to stop running, and got it all deleted from my system. Well, almost all of it.

I was left with 4 Service entries, and I was able to delete 3 of them using an Admin CMD Prompt, and giving the command of sc delete avgfws , as an example. The result told me that the service was deleted successfully for the first three entries. So far, so good.

However, on the last entry, I entered sc delete AvgAMPS, and I got a report back that told me "Access is denied". No success..... The actual Service entry describes it as "Provides protected service functionality for AVG."

Anyone have an idea of how I can delete that Service entry?? I've done a pretty good search, and can't seem to find an answer. It's not a show-stopper, I could just ignore it, but for sake of a clean Service page, I'd like to delete it, if possible.

TIA !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    That was enough!!

Did the job just fine, and many thanks to you!! Another tool for the toolbox, and I appreciate you sharing! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...