[SOLVED] I Need help with HAL 7600v1.2

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TechnicalGuy, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechnicalGuy

TechnicalGuy MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    I installed HAL 7600 v1.2 on my computer right after I finished installing (Windows 7 Ultimate x64), and I made sure that I installed it before any Microsoft updates were installed on my computer.

After I succesfully installed HAL 7600

I installed all the IMPORTANT updates and all the Recommended updates, EXCLUDING the updates (KB971033), and the "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Updates".
    After installing those updates, windows still ran completely normal and there was no problems. It also still said that windows was activated.

Then, I installed the update "Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)" and when I was done restarting my computer to finish the installation, I noticed a thing in the bottom-right corner of my screen.
    It sais "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601". Not only that, but my windows is no longer activated.

If someone could please help me with this problem, it would be a total relief. I have RE-Loaded windows several times, and have wasted a lot of time.

This is very frustrating, and I'm sure it would be for anyone else too.
    Please Help.

Thank You!

2. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    it's no longer supported!!! since you have a fresh install, you're better off formatting and starting over again and using the daz loader

the lesson here is, if you're going to bother bypassing MS's activation sever, CHECK HERE FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION!!!
    all the other crap, HAL, removeWAT, etc no longer works and are unreliable because they screw around with the system files... files windows depends on to run right

just because it worked last year doesn't mean it works now!
    things always change, especially when it deals with anti-piracy mechanisms... don't assume it will always work even after updates!

the safest thing is to use the daz loader, or BIOS mod... neither of which can get detected

3. Egrupov

Egrupov MDL Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Hi TechnicalGuy!
    SP1 have a KB971033!
    After installing SP1 try to use Daz loader 1.9.7 !

4. TechnicalGuy

TechnicalGuy MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    I'm not too familiar with code words yet.
    What is Sp1?

Sorry to be such a noob. : (

5. Egrupov

Egrupov MDL Member

Aug 23, 2010
    o_O
    This is Windows 7 Service Pack 1

6. TechnicalGuy

TechnicalGuy MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    I wasn't assuming anything.
    I just wanted to know if anyone knew a way around this. Thankfully you did!

I am going to RE-Load windows again tomorrow right when I get home from school.
    I got all my data backed-up on my Laptop 120GB HDD.
    So, RE-loading windows is not a problem since I have my memory backed up.

When I finish loading windows, you are suggesting that I use DAZ Loader right?
    If so, how do I use it?
    Will I still be able to download all the updates with the new Daz Loader?

I would, at least, like to learn some useful information about the "Daz Loader" before I begin to use it.
    ???????

7. Egrupov

Egrupov MDL Member

Aug 23, 2010
  8. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Please continue this discussion in one of the appropriate existing topics