[SOLVED] Issues with the November Update.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by vipanonymous, Nov 14, 2015.

1. vipanonymous

vipanonymous MDL Senior Member

Apr 3, 2014
    #1 vipanonymous, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    This is really frustrating. 10240 build was just fine, but since I updated to 10586 i'm in a living hell.

- There are a sfc/scannow erros that sfc couldnt repair
    - Laggy Boot
    - Apps crash at start

So I decided to wipe my HD, create a new volume and performed a Clean Install

- Sfc/Scannow persits
    - Apps work fine
    - Search says i'm not connected with the internet, but I AM.

I read about the In Place Upgrade, i did it

- Sfc no errors
    - Apps Crash
    - Dism show no corruption
    - Search says i'm not connected with the internet, but I AM.

3 days and I just cant get it to work. Please can someone help me. I'm running out of ideas. And I don't think it's hardware related.

SOLVED:

Downgrade to 10240 and then did the upgrade through Windows Update.
    Ran Defraggler and fixed the hard disk fragmentation.

2. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Why don't you go back to 10240? You can configure Windows to not upgrade to a new build for some months, security stuff will still get installed.

Edit: That's the price for using a rolling release open beta Windows as a service. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vipanonymous

Apr 3, 2014
    Yes! That may be the only way, just created the 10240 ISO from MediaCreationTool I really wanted to go back to 8.1. On M$ forums they just dont care, there are tons of topics with similar problems. 3 days without PC, MS making me have a social life ...

4. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
  5. KaoDome

KaoDome MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    This sounds like your hard disk or SSD has some kind of problem...

If it is a hard drive, check the S.M.A.R.T. data using Hard Disk Sentinel for example and specifically look for damaged sectors or pending reallocation operations. I've seen something like that about a year ago with a faulty SSD (OCZ Vertex 3) which would cause all kinds of problems including those you described. And after several attempts at installing Windows 8.1 at the time a warranty replacement was the only way to go.

I'm assuming the source where you got the image to clean install is reputable and the media you used for install is fine.

6. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015

Why should he? His SMART data clearly says his HD has no problems at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Because it's the only reliable tool on which seagate thrusts.

8. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I see that the raw read error rate value is too high on that drive... That's a known problem on that particular hdd. Check for firmware updates

Maybe you should check the md5's of the downloaded iso's. Install all the latest drivers from each manufacturer (realtek, nvidia, amd, intel, etc). Then go online and update. Check if the issue persist.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  10. cheezels

cheezels MDL Junior Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Ugh.

Screw seatools, use Western Digitial Data Lifeguard Diagnostics or HGST diagnostics. They run in Windows, no bootable tool necessary.

11. vipanonymous

Apr 3, 2014
    Defraggler

"34% fragmentation"
    27,1 GB
    4.825 files

That's got to be it. Please :worthy::worthy: I don't have the money to buy a new disk right now, have mercy Seagate.
    Running Defraggler... I hope it can fix it o_O

12. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
  13. vipanonymous

Apr 3, 2014
    It will take only 12 hours to defrag it. Do you think that it will be useless? :g:

Anyway i'll let it try to fix the corrupt blocks. 12AM here hahah see yall in 13 hours.

No i'm not covered anymore, it was a OEM PC. I just changed a few things like RAM, VGA ... HD and processor still the same 500gb Seagate and Core I3-550 First Generation

14. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    Best of luck! I don't understand why it's so fragmented if you just re-installed the OS (I've always understood that to be a logical instead of a physical problem that happens after years of use; it should be pretty clean with a fresh install). Does that suggest a physical problem?