[Solved] Java installation error 1603 on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PaulTroll1282, Nov 5, 2017.

1. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2017
    #1 PaulTroll1282, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Hello i don't know if this is the right place to ask this but i'm wondering if you guys had the same problem.
    I was trying to install Java on my Windows 10 laptop for a very important reason (Mainly installing minecraft) and everytime i start the installation whether it's the online version or the offline version i always get the installation error 1603 and its starting to piss me off.:mad:
    I've searched online for solutions for this problem but none of the solutions they gave me worked no one even knows how to fix this problem (first time google ever failed me)java doesnt even know whats causing this problem so im wondering if any of you guys have encountered this problem and please if you know a fix for this please help me
    How did you install java in you W10 system
    I did everything that the java site told to attempt to fix the problem but none of them worked so this is my last hope please help me.:(

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Addicted

Nov 26, 2012
    #2 kaljukass, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    If you have a problem with so many things, you should start troubleshooting and fixing Windows errors. Windows is likely damaged.
    What is the version you are talking about and how it is installed - that is, how long time ago it was installed, either was it clean installation or using the Windows Update system, etc.
    Correct Windows 1703 and Windows 1709 don't have such a problems. And even, if You uses so outdated version as 1603, also it should not have.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2017
    No my windows 10 is fine i know a broken os when i see one so its not about the os its about the software java

4. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2017
    I kinda found a solution already i read a comment by a guy in the java site that has the same problem as me apparently if you install the early access build of java it works so i installed the latest early access build and it worked!Still dont know whats causing the problem tho but atleast i got java now.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It worked on a clean unmodified install.

The problem you are experiencing has to do with local settings, AV, system file corruption or any other modification on the install.

6. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks to the people that bothered to help me!