[Solved] Kind of dumb question

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jesusmgtz, Aug 21, 2015.

1. jesusmgtz

jesusmgtz MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2008
    Hello Everybody.

I have some questions about Windows 10.

1) I've got two laptops with Windows 8.1 Single Language Edition, I read the upgrade path is all Windows 8.1 SingleLanguage, Specific Country and Core editions can upgrade to Win10 Home, But I've downloaded 3 times on different ways (I mean ESD, Windows Media Creation Tool, and Microsoft's page called Windows 10 Tech Bench Upgrade Program) and I can NOT Install Win10 Home for free. So, I have no idea what's the problem.

2) To "solve" problem 1, I've downloaded Windows 10 Single Language, but it version came only in es-ES, and I wanted ex-MX but I can't find it. Can someone tell me where I can download it or that version is not available in es-MX?

3) In the page Windows 10 Tech Bench Upgrade Program, when I going to download Win10 in English, there is two options, English and International English, searching in the web, my guess is English=US and International English=UK, Can someone tellme if I'm correct about this thing?

Thanks in advance.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    What are you doing during the install? You do not enter any keys, you skip entering any key anywhere.

Maybe give us a 1)2)3) of what you are doing during your install and maybe we can help. Don't miss any steps, sometimes the small ones are what screw up the bigger things :D

I find it very unnecessary to try installing different languages, if your language isnt working, none of them well. Lets figure out why

4. jesusmgtz

jesusmgtz MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2008
    #4 jesusmgtz, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @jesusmgtz

Interesting thing is, they have retired the new SKUs which appeared after 8.1 Update 1 (with Bing & Student). They will be upgraded to their parent SKUs, like 8.1 CoreConnectedSingleLanguage =>10 CoreSingleLanguage; 8.1 ProfessionalStudent => 10 Pro.

:D

6. jesusmgtz

jesusmgtz MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2008
    Hello EFA11!

Well about upgrading, I've done with 4 computers so far, they had installed 2 with Windows 7 Professinal, and 2 with Windows 7 Ultimate (one of them with DaZ Loader :beee: jejeje) And the prodedure was:
    1) Download the Windows 10 PRO
    2) Create an USB with the Windows Files
    3) Start the Installation from the USB inside Windows
    4) The setup does NOT ask for the key
    5) Setup asks me about saving files and programs
    6) When the installation finishes I've checked the activation status and it says Activated

Extra 1) Two of those four computer I've reinstalled Windows 10 clean, I mean, I start the computer with the USB and make a 100% clean installation and It preserves the activation :clap: (BTW, one of those two computers that I make a clean installation was activated with DaZ loader :clap:)

With Windows 8.1 Single Language Edition the installation procedure was:

1) Download the Windows 10 HOME
    4) The setup does ASKS for the key
    Then I stoped the installation.

=============================

1) Download the Windows 10 SINGLE LANGUAGE
    4) The setup does NOT ask for the key
    5) Setup asks me about saving files and programs
    6) When the installation finishes I've checked the activation status and it says Activated

About your concern why I've downloaded different languages, Is just because one of my partners speaks english, and the rest only spanish :biggrin: :biggrin:

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I see you are solved lol

8. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Most times it does not ask for key on upgrade, however it does on clean install, 2 times I think, 1st time=SKIP IT, 2nd time= I'll DO IT LATER:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    yep twice it will ask, twice it will be denied!