[SOLVED] Need Windows 8.0 ISO for Acer Iconia W511

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pisthai, Feb 9, 2021.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As the title says, or even better if someone has the 3DVD/CD set for Recovery for the Acer Iconia W511 Tab and could provide the ISO's of that 3 DVD/CD, would even much better.

I was getting that Iconia W511 for to get it back to work from a Kid from an Orphanage. The problem it has, it just starts and immediately shuts down again after the full start. Asked already at an Acer Service Center and; they're answered that they didn't have anymore, that Tab are too old (2013!)!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    After using a Windows 8.1 bootable USB, I was able to restore the original Windows 8 using the 'Repair', followed by the 'Troubleshooting' and restore option while booting from the Windows 8.1 USB Drive.
    It seems to me that an 'Update' forced that trouble.

After getting the Tab back to work, I checked it's possible to upgrade to Windows 10. I tested with 2004H2, 1909, 1903, 1809, 1803 1709, and finally 1703, which is now trying that upgrade. 2004H2-1709 gave an error problem with the Atom Z2760 CPU which isn't supported by those Windows 10 versions. On that 1703 upgrade, that error wasn't showing up!
    Now, I've to see the upgrade will finish and work as it should?!
    As I needed the generic install Product Key for that upgrade, I'm not sure that the tab will be activated automatically. There is a Windows 8 Standard, Single Language Product Key embedded. I used the Windows 10 Home edition for the Upgrade. As I have unused Windows 8 Pro Keys, none of them were working to upgrade from the Windows 8 Standard SP. I'll play with that around later on, if the upgrade will finally work, and see, I could upgrade to Pro too.

Ok, that's all for now, will report later what happens finally!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Home 1703 already done and everything is working now!
    That Upgrade from Windows 8 standard SP to windows 10 Home was needed 2.5h! Not bad for that low powered Tablet!

Now I'm on the change from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, using an old Windows 8 Pro Product Key. If that will be a success and how long that would take, I don't know! Will back report later!

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Ok, everything is done now and that Tab is running Windows 10 Pro 1703 now.
    I used to do that Upgrade via the System Control -> Update&Security ->Activation ->Change Product Key and use the original Windows 8 Pro key, and all was done after ~20min! Windows 10 Pro is now activated with a Digital License! Viola!

Maybe I'll try to even go further and try to upgrade to a later version of Windows 10, after creating a Recovery USB Flushdrive, from now stage! Not sure yet!