[SOLVED] No Boot. Blink LED. Almost got it fixed. Help Pls (HP DM4)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by tavus, Sep 28, 2013.

1. tavus

tavus MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2012
    #1 tavus, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Hello all...

I've a DM4-2015DX with a modified BIOS to to allow white list (HP DM4 2070US Modded Bios (No Whitelist) F.04 5-18-2011 by Camiloml.zip)

Yesterday while doing a factory restore (that didn't complete, so I had to restart). I accidentally pressed F2 trying to load the boot screen and got the black screen with a text in the bottom that read 'Startup Check..'. Here's where I messed up, instead of letting it go through, I pressed the power button and turned off the system. But when I pressed the power button to start it again, I got stuck with a black screen and Wifi amber light, Caps lock flash one time. Computer restarts itself after a while and does the same again.

I took away the CMOS battery, the RAM, even the HDD and the Wifi module to no avail. Then I am attempting to reinstall the BIOS using the recovery steps with the BIOS F.14 (sp55454.exe) using a guide from donovan6000 (Insyde BIOS Modding: HP Brick Recovery) but I just get the system to give me a two Caps lock led code instead. Which is different so I'm getting somewhere I'd like to think.

If I missed any information so someone can point me to the right direction let me know. This shouldn't be so hard to fix I think. I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks!

2. tavus

tavus MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2012
    So...I decided to take a break.

Came back a couple hours later and found the solution to my issue. :D
    In the renaming step. Instead of using XXXXX.fd, I used *****.BIN and followed through.
    BIOS recovery came up and installed the old version. So far Everything works! :)

Thanks for taking a look. I think writing about it made me re trace my steps and try again.