Solved: No Desktop-Notification with Outlook 2013 and Win8!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by geneticplasma, Nov 1, 2012.

1. geneticplasma

geneticplasma MDL Senior Member

May 13, 2011
    #1 geneticplasma, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    I have Office/Outlook 2013 (x86) installed once on Win7-system and twice on Win8-system (both x64).

On Win7 Desktop-notification works without problems!

On Win8, there is no Desktop-notification and there is also no option for changing values in settings-menu.

Can anybody confirm this?

Hope this will be fixed soon!

geneticplasma

Attached Files:

2. geneticplasma

May 13, 2011
    Okay - but if I switch to MetroUI, there is the same behavior!

3. geneticplasma

May 13, 2011
    Thank you!:good3:

Now I have uninstalled Win7forW8 and installed Start8.

Now Notification works, but in a complete different way, than in Win7. (I Know, it's no bug!) In Win8 the notification will displayed in right corner above and there are no options any more, for changing time, translucency and preview.

4. Viggen66

Viggen66 MDL Senior Member

May 24, 2011
    Just a question regarding Outlook 2013, I have an Hotmail account and I add it to Outlook 2013, but on 2010 on the outlook connector, we had an option just to download the headers instead of the all message and atachments, how do we do this on Outlook 2013, that option is missing, because Outlook 2013 can't update to my recent messages because it download thousands os emails before, or I am missing something, thanks

5. Hektor

Hektor MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    Hi, please help me.. I dont have my Outlook 2013 in notification Metro area at all!! Now I try to fix with installation..

6. Hektor

Hektor MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    Re-Install didnt help.. still Outlook 2013 doesnt here.. in Outlook Options, I enable the Notification but nothing happened..

7. X-MEN

X-MEN MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Hektor

Hektor MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    Thanks i try these programs.. but i fix the issue by Run Outlook as a Administrator, Disable notification, close, run as administrator again, Eneable notification and restart PC. Now Outlook appears in Notification center and everythinks running smoothly.. but thanks again for your help. (I don't get it why re-install didn't help, but run program as administrator did.. I thought that installer runs as admin too and install all future of the program.. never mind when its work now.)