[Solved] Powerpoint 2010 Slideshow

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jetjock, Dec 16, 2020.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I have a Powerpoint presentation with over 300 slides that I would like to record to run automatically at a reunion. I have the timing for each slide set with transitions.

My problem is how the heck do I record this this thing using the "advance slide" times that I have set? The only recording mode I can find requires me to advance each slide manually while recording. What the hell is the point of setting an advance slide time in the program if the recording mode doesn't use it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    It appears that there aren't many Powerpoint users in this group! :animatedwink: After much reading, exploring and frustration, I finally discovered that all one has to do to create a slide show from a presentation is ...drum roll please...save he damn thing as a .ppsx file instead of a .pptx file. You now have a slide show with all timings and transitions from the presentation. Sure would be nice if that was made obvious somewhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Nice you found the solution. Modify your title as solved then :)