[Solved] Problen when install new iso windows 10 10586

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by agodng, Nov 13, 2015.

1. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    Hi guy, I have a problem with the latest version of Windows 10 10586
    I have a laptop with windows 10 home, then I turned at pro changing the cdkey (original) and everything is ok, after I have formatted many times with windows 10 pro 10240 created with media creation tool microsoft an all are ok

now the problem,
    I have downloaded the new build iso 10586 official (mediacreationtool) an try to format the pc for a clean install
    but after reinstalling the version is home not pro

please how solve the problem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LightDestory

LightDestory MDL Junior Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Check this:
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/66495-FIX-Windows-10-1511-(TH2)-Isos-Edition-Chooser-Show-UP

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #3 Enthousiast, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    What OS whas originally installed on that branded/oem laptop? 10586 uses the slic2.1/oem:Dm key from the bios to select which version it will install.

I don't know if what's leading, HWID/DE or bios key.

ps, ISO's downloaded and created by the mediacreationtool are NOT official iso's, only MSDN iso's are verifyable. The tool creates everytime you use it a new iso (with it's own sha-1 hash) from the esd files you can find in my sig..

4. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    ok thanks for reply, my original os installed is win8.1 home, after I upgrade to windows 10 home and then i have put the original msdn pro key and system are regularly activated to pro,
    I then formatted several times with the ISO 10240 pro and the system is always activated regularly
    now whith the new iso downloaded to microsoft techbench aka msdn if i reformat to hardrive clean iso install home..

Thanks also to lightdestroy I try to edit EI.cfg file and see what changes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SlompOchomp

SlompOchomp MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    pretty straight forward Home Edition for that HWID is stored on Microsoft server ("original os installed is win8.1 home, after I upgrade to windows 10 home"). If you have a key for the pro version you can use that key when doing a clean install of the pro version and maybe that will change on the Microsoft server once you install 10586 Pro with a key. Or you could just call Microsoft and see what resolution they can come up with.

6. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    I solved create the ei.cfg whit only this information

[Channel]
    Retail

after start to install, windows show a option to install pro or home and all work :)

7. agodng

agodng MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    and windows actived