[SOLVED] Question Regarding Keyboard Shortcut for Paste

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ChaserLee, Mar 5, 2018.

1. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    While this might seem trivial to some, I thought I'd ask anyway so that I might possibly learn something new. What I'm looking for is a way to use the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + V in Windows 10 to not only paste clipboard contents, but also to do an Enter function. This would be handy for me to have when creating the name of a new folder, from a name in the clipboard.

I find it annoying to have to do the shortcut for paste, and then to have to reach over and press the Enter key also. I am thinking that, for me, it would be great to have a way to do both of those functions with only having to perform one keyboard shortcut.

Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut that will do that? Or, if one doesn't exist, would anyone know of a way to get it done? I've thought of using a program like Auto Hotkey (I think that's the name) or something similar, but I wouldn't mind getting the job done without having to install another third party program. Seems a bit of overkill for me to install that program, just to gain the one function that I'll most likely ever use.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I have a Razer keyboard so I can make macro's record them and playback but I still have to use there software dunno if you can record macro's in windows but hey maybe any body else has figured that one out

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Can not figure out what you want, but Windows 10 Ctrl + A (select all), ctrl + C (copy) and ctrl + V (paste) work exactly as they have always worked, copy what you want, there's no difference either function or just text. And no ENTER button is required.
    Shortcuts are also made and executed in exactly the same way as before.
    Maybe you can explain out more exactly what you want to do.

4. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    I'll try to make it clearer. I want a keyboard short cut that will both paste then Enter at the same time. Kapeesh?

5. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Ah, now there's a thought. Let me check out my keyboard program to see if I can assign those functions to a single keypress. Thanks for the idea, and I'll update when I've tried it out.

6. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Ah, worked like a charm! Used Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, recorded a macro and assigned it to a button, and Bob's your Uncle!

Thank you for directing me to a solution that I should have thought of myself.