[solved] Remove WAT then uninstall KB971033?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by miltchkau, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miltchkau

miltchkau MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    Hi guys

I have installed RemoveWAT and it has worked, but should i also then uninstall the KB971033 update from my system? I have scanned some of the threads and it seems like some people dont approve of RemoveWAT, it has worked so far for me (ony a couple of days admitedly). Originally i had a BIOS mod so it appeared that my computer was a windows7 OEM installation but then a few days ago it was flagged as not genuine so i used RemoveWAT. But i check in the services tab in task manager and WATAdminsvc is running but windows no longer complains about it not being genuine. so do i continue with removeWAT and then uninstall the the KB update that caused the whole windows activation problem?

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    I don't think you realize. RemoveWAT is no longer supported and it is detectable by M$. So if plan on sticking with RemoveWAT i suggest you keep that KB971033 far far far away from your PC. Even then i can't guarntee you it might somehow get installed (knowing the way M$ is). Just remember RemoveWAT butchers the system files a bit so keep that in mind.

3. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #3 gamepoint, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. miltchkau

miltchkau MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    ok i ran the system scan on the cmd prompt and it gave an all clear message. Is this indicating that the RemoveWAT tool has caused no problems on my system?

5. miltchkau

miltchkau MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    i have a bios mod that was originally installed. I flashed my BIOS and windows was apeearing as a genuine edition for over a year. The wat warning popped up just the other day. I have uninstalled Remove WAT now performed the system scan on cmd which has seemed to say everything iis ok and ran Daz fix wat. Is daz's loader considered (by popular opinion) the best thing out there, IR4 sounds interesting but sounds kind of hacky i dont know much about it i know it keeps extending the trial period but dunno whether that sounds like a unreliable method

6. miltchkau

miltchkau MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    no its a different key, on the details though its saying license period, initial grace period! Looks like MS has found this particular prod key and dislikes it, its it worth using another of the OEM keys provided on that thread, or will that just get found out by MS too do you think?

7. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    I doubt that only 1 key is known to be blacklisted, I suspect that your recent activities, eg: your fiddling arround with RemoveWat and/or Windows Loader reinserted the default product key,
    Try to reinsert a OEM:SLP key to see if that solves your issue

8. miltchkau

miltchkau MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    ok if i put an oem:slp and it works can i then uninstall the kp971033, and be immune from further WAT problems? IF i did uninstall the the problem KB update would i have to go to the MS microsoft to validate and then uninstall it. What are your thoughts on these issues?

9. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    I do not understand your questions... you say u use a bios mod, right? With a bios mod you never should have to worry about kb971033 and/or WAT problems!

10. miltchkau

miltchkau MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    sorry i may have the terms wrong. Originally i flashed the bios and did a couple of other things to make my windows look like an OEM (my friend showed me), but then this week my pc flashed up that it was a fake copy of windows. So this wasnt a BIOS mod then? I installed the key now, it says on the instructions to the validate online on the MS site. If that passes can i uninstall the WAT update and be free from further hassle. Sorry if my questions have seemed a bit stupid

11. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Why is everyone obsessing about removing KB971033? When you are activated properly the OEM:SLP-way with key+cert+slic you are good.

You should keep the update installed just to have the pleasure of laughing at it.

12. miltchkau

miltchkau MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    well originally i was enabled like that with the Oem key, cert etc, but MS got to me they are finding abused keys it looks like. I have entered a new key from the thread with the oem:slp keys so am i OK to validate online? Or is more needed to set my win7 up?

13. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    As it seems you have absolutely no clue how your OS was activated in the first place, how can we possibly be able to advice you when you even know what you have done?
    Maybe it is the perfect time for you to start reading more and ask less.

14. miltchkau

miltchkau MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    If you look at my previous posts you see that i stated that my friend activated it by flashing the BIOS so that the key was present in the BIOS to make it look like an OEM activation then the cert and key were activated. Irrespective of that I added the key from the thread that you referred me to and simply asked whether A) once i had added the key did i need to activate it by the ms website downloading their activation software. and B) If validation succeeded whether i needed to uninstall the validation checking update.
    These are two simple questions you would think, but instead of just passing out a quick answer or link you feel the need to try and down grade me with a condescending RTFM style retort. Well I assume from your attitude and arrogance that you must be the fountain of knowledge for everything on gods green earth and i pray that if you ever need to ask anyone for help that you can do it without being condescended to. You see freestyler some of us have full time jobs and responsibilities and cant possibly spend every waking moment reading every inch of the forums so we read what we can and then ask one or two simple questions and every now and then run into self righteous people whose only validation is gained from posting on some forum and getting points and at the same time handing out little insults to people who god forbid may need a little clarification on their vague answers and not just an RTFM.....

15. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007